N-400 and Selective Service

dboca

Registered Users (C)
I am attempting a speculation here and I was wondering if any of you guys would refute it. I was fingerprinted on July 7th or so, same time as my wife. I am still waiting for my interview notice, whereas my wife has received it one month ago. I also noticed multiple posts when guys mentioned the same situation, waiting for their interview date while their wives are already through. I haven't seen a posting to mention the situation the other way around. This made me think whether it is the Selective Service that is delaying these applications.

Just a thought, however I am not an expert and cannot be sure.

dboca said:
I am attempting a speculation here and I was wondering if any of you guys would refute it. I was fingerprinted on July 7th or so, same time as my wife. I am still waiting for my interview notice, whereas my wife has received it one month ago. I also noticed multiple posts when guys mentioned the same situation, waiting for their interview date while their wives are already through. I haven't seen a posting to mention the situation the other way around. This made me think whether it is the Selective Service that is delaying these applications.

Don't think so. It is probably the *name check* that is delaying your case. BTW, what is your DO?

takadigi said:
Don't think so. It is probably the *name check* that is delaying your case. BTW, what is your DO?

Sorry, what is DO?

Anyway, the receipt date is June 27, and the center is Detroit.

I think it is the name check as well, but since I am seeing that this situation applies mostly to husbands and not their wives (at least based on the posts in this forum), selective service came to mind (I have a friend whose citizenship was denied for not registering with selective service).