N-400: a few questions

AndyStar

Registered Users (C)
Some of my questions have been probably already discussed but I just want to make sure I understand the situation.
1) 3 month residency requirements. As I understand, this requirement is to reside for at least 3 months in the same state or district which does not mean I am supposed to have the same address all 3 months. I moved 1.5 months ago to a new city which is about 5-7 miles away from the place I had been living for 10 months. Boths places are in the same state, district, sub-district and even field office area. My understand is it is OK to file N-400 now without additional waiting for 1.5 months to complete 3 month same address period. Is it correct?
2) Residency history (addresses). If I moved from place # 1 to place # 2 and drove a car for 5 days, which date should I write for location # 2? The date of my physical arrival to # 2 or the date I left # 1? The lease with # 2 had been signed before I left # 1 and mail forwarding was started on the day of my departure from # 1. If I write the date of my physicall arrival to location # 2 do I have to explain 5 day gap between addresses?
3) If I do not remember some employment dates is it OK to write something like 07/?/2008 or 07/17?/2008?

Thank you in advance. If someone has had a similar experience please share.

1) you will be ok;
2) write the dates of the leases
3) yes, approximate dates are ok (as long as you remember the months)

Some of my questions have been probably already discussed but I just want to make sure I understand the situation.
1) 3 month residency requirements. As I understand, this requirement is to reside for at least 3 months in the same state or district which does not mean I am supposed to have the same address all 3 months. I moved 1.5 months ago to a new city which is about 5-7 miles away from the place I had been living for 10 months. Boths places are in the same state, district, sub-district and even field office area. My understand is it is OK to file N-400 now without additional waiting for 1.5 months to complete 3 month same address period. Is it correct?
2) Residency history (addresses). If I moved from place # 1 to place # 2 and drove a car for 5 days, which date should I write for location # 2? The date of my physical arrival to # 2 or the date I left # 1? The lease with # 2 had been signed before I left # 1 and mail forwarding was started on the day of my departure from # 1. If I write the date of my physicall arrival to location # 2 do I have to explain 5 day gap between addresses?
3) If I do not remember some employment dates is it OK to write something like 07/?/2008 or 07/17?/2008?

Thank you in advance. If someone has had a similar experience please share.

1. You are absolutely correct. If you move within the same jurisdiction, there is no need to wait 90 days. Go ahead and file your N-400.

2. For location no. 2, I would use the date that's indicated on the lease. You may also use the date of your physical arrival, as I highly doubt that you will be asked where you spent the 5 days between addresses. If an anal-retentive IO decides to inquire about it, let him/her know that you spent the 5 days moving. Still, I suggest using the date indicated on the lease.

3. If you don't remember the exact employment dates, make sure to include a statement along the lines of "To the best of my recollection, I was employed at Company X on or around xx/xx/xx and terminated my employment at said company on or around xx/xx/xx". This won't be a problem.

Thank you for your replays.

How should I include the statement "To the best of ..." regarding my employment dates: on a separate sheet of paper or just add after the job title (something like "dates are to the best of my recollection")?

Thank you for your replays.

How should I include the statement "To the best of ..." regarding my employment dates: on a separate sheet of paper or just add after the job title (something like "dates are to the best of my recollection")?

Adding that statement on a separate sheet of paper would probably work best.

Adding that statement on a separate sheet of paper would probably work best.

Agreed. I did this with travel dates of short trips that I could not remember. I just disclosed it in a general statement on a separate piece of paper and indicated the approximate number of such trips and the longest duration. Was not at all an issue, and you can do the same with your employment dates. I think as long as you get the month and year correct then you are probably fine - more accuracy than that is immaterial to the adjudication of your application.