My wife's RFE

binbin

Registered Users (C)
USCIS sent RFEs on my and my wife's 485 cases on 10/06 (I am the primary applicant). The lawyer received my RFE on 10/12, but never received my wife's RFE. So the lawyer made an inquiry on 10/26 and USCIS resent it on 10/28 (according to the online message). But so far we have not received it again. What's wrong with it? The mail got lost twice? The lawyer said when he made the inquiry, he repeated all the information including the mailing address.

Anybody has similar experience? Many thanks.

First, think about all the possible reasons why your wife got a RFE. Maybe there is no RFE, or maybe her RFE is the same as (or similar to) your RFE. I think you can submit ALL evidences for both of you along with your RFE notice and her I485 receipt, and clearly explain what was happened.

Received RFE E-mail 10/13, but still no hard copy.

BinBin,
I too received an e-mail stating that an RFE has been issued, but I still haven't received it. Please update this thread, when you received yours... I will updated it, when I receive mine.

Thanks. In fact I really don't think my wife should have a RFE since she never worked here, and has been never out of status. In my RFE, there are nothing important (just asked for copies of my passport and I-20, I-94) altough I am pretty sure that those documents were included in the original applications.

blackbird2000 said:
First, think about all the possible reasons why your wife got a RFE. Maybe there is no RFE, or maybe her RFE is the same as (or similar to) your RFE.

>>I think you can submit ALL evidences for both of you along with your RFE notice and her I485 receipt, and clearly explain what was happened.

I have already submitted all my evidences without including my wife's info because the lawyer said they should be seperated.

Sure, I will keep you updated. Have you made any inquiry?

IFiledOct2002 said:
BinBin,
I too received an e-mail stating that an RFE has been issued, but I still haven't received it. Please update this thread, when you received yours... I will updated it, when I receive mine.

USCIS asked me to wait for month, before they would file a inquiry. Meanwhile, my attorney has persued the matter on his own. I too, have faxed and mailed in a letter, asking the RFE to be re issued. No change, in my LUD.. so, I don't know, if the the letters and fax is working.

This morning, I checked emails and found both my wife and my cases were APPROVED on 11/10. But we never received FRE for my wife's case.

So don't worry, just wait and your time will come soon.

IFiledOct2002 said:
BinBin,