My wife's friend wants to file the taxes marriage but separate.

co.ador

Registered Users (C)
Will that affect him when the time for removing his conditional green card conditions on October?

Yes it will be looked upon as creepy!!!! Remember that USCIS tend to be overzealous with such issues. I don't think your wife should file separate, it will look terrible.

She wants more money and is deciding to file separate for that matters. Even though i think it shouldn't be like that. he is telling me that she is advocating for her money but this is a strange situation because I believe she is trying to do something really bad.

She wants more money from who? Is it that she wants a bigger refund from the government, and has calculated that filing separately will bring back more money in her situation, or is it that she wants more money from him?

my friend is concerned now that she has definetly decided to file her taxes separatly. She is just afraid to loose her aid from the goverment. she has decided to file separetly, so he doesn't have any power to change her opinion, He has thought about filing through I-751 waiver instead I-751 form which will come in a few months. Now given this situation what is your best advice guys? should he file through I-751 waiver to make sure everything is ok or wait to file throught a I-751 form.

Thank you please give your opinion based on experiences or anything you know.

Yes she will get more refund money filing separately, definitely, so it may not be because she's trying to spite him, but refunds can go from 3000 to 700 very easily. Are they in a comfortable financial position where there is more incentive to forgo separate status until he has his permanent card?

OP, so your friend is thinking of filing I-751 waiver just because his wife decided to file separate? Where do you find these BRIDES?

She might, but I haven't heard of a situation where in aggregate, both parties end up doing better filing MFS than MFJ.
I have seen situations like that, where MFS is better overall than MFJ. There are many rules involving deductions and phaseouts that work differently for MFS vs. MFJ that sometimes MFS is better. The chances of such a situation increase when the income distribution is somewhere between 50/50 and 60/40.

Thanks jack for saving my keystrokes, depending on their income and overall financial situation, MFS may work in their best option

Will that affect? At all in his change of status?

No it won't. If USCIS asks, have your wife's friend explain that it was financially better this way.
But I would be more concerned since I personally think your wife's friend entered the marriage with a green card in mind.