My wife received interview notice today (Chicago INS)

yaniv

Registered Users (C)
Interview January 7th 2003.

Looks like they are methodically going by RD.

User localins's RD was Jan 15th 2001 - he or she got interview notice in mail December 9th for a January 3rd interview.

My wife's RD was Jan 18th 2002. Got interview notice in mail today (Dec 12th) for a January 7th interview.

yaniv .. was rd in 2001 or 2002? i believe it is 2001. did u send any letters to ins (local) for inquiry or for expediting your case? what did u do after it is transfered to local ins apart from waiting for interview letter. please share your info.

thanks,

v

explain UR wifes situation

Is your wife the principal applicant? Why do U think her case was transferred? What documentation have they askeed that she bring to the interview? my RD is 6/01... and had the case transferred 6/02. So I guess I have another 5 mos to go.... How about UR GC??

yaniv, can you please explain why it is transfered ?

What might be the reasongs for transfer to local offices ?

Thanks,

transfer

I meant RD = Jan 2001.

My wife is the derivative applicant. I don't know the reason for transfer. We were married about 12 months when we applied for I-485.

The interview appointment notice asks me to bring many things, including a sealed medical exam - I'm simply going to take the copies given to me be the doctor (already opened).

Also it asks for affidavit of support - I am not going to fill that out since this is not a family based case.

It also asks for items to prove marriage such as pictures, lease, joined accounts, etc.

Also you are required to take proof of I-140 approval. My lawyer's going to bring the original approval memo and the original application.

The list includes a lot more documents that you need to bring. I'm going to start gathering everything this weekend.

Currently they are not stamping the passport on the same day. You will have to wait for an approval notice in the mail and take it with you to get it stamped. The dates for stamping will probably be flexible ... I'm not too worried about stamping since it is a mere formality.

LocalINS - a note for you: make sure you do not surrender your advance parole during the interview since you plan to travel soon after the interview (and probably won't get stamped that day).

Namaste

My wife's case is transferred to Chicago on Dec 16th 2002.
We got the transfer notice by mail.

I had already applied for my I485 before marriage. We applied for her I485 immediately after marriage.

Her case details:-
LIN 02-111-52***
RD: Feb 14, 2002

regards
ssp_aks

Yaniv

Thanks for the information

Congrats for finally getting the intvw

fyi: My wife's intvw is also Jan 7.. I think I mistakenly reported that as Jan 3rd. What time is your intvw?

I am also not planning to take medical as we gave that at the time of filing and my lawyer confirmed that it is not required. What is your lawyer saying?

No Affidavit of support either as that too was submitted..

I am also in the process of collecting all the documents.

Make sure you take a extra copy of your originals as they will keep the copy of documents.

Yaniv.. Can you post the list of documents you are planning to take.. Any idea how long they are going to take after the intvw to send the approval. How did you find out that approval notice will have flexible time for stamping? are you taking your lawyer?

transfer date please

Hi
Can anyone of you guys who have these cases transferred to Chicago, can you let me know what your transfer date from Nebraska to Chicago is?
My wife's RD: Dec 2000.
We are still waiting for the interview notice.
Her case was transferred in May 2002

Thanks
Oxygenman