my wife got FP notice, but I don\'t, we filed I-485 together, what is wrong?

andrew Wang

Registered Users (C)
we file I-485 together. FP notice date is OCt. 24 for her. what\'s wrong.
the notice was mailed to our home address. I also checked my lawyer, he didn\'t receive it. maybe the notice for me was missing?

No Title

Some times it takes few days more to get. I got first for me then got
my wife after few days.Don\'t worry about that.

No, they are not in the same envelope

They are different cases. It is usual that your wife and you receive them with a time gap. It is not worth panicking. Just wait.

Marriage issue

Hello gurus,
Here is the deal. I am getting married to this girl in India in Jan next year. It is a court marriage. The reason being, I applied for my I-485 in June this year in VSC(EB-2 RIR Nigeria). RD 6/11/2001 ND 8/11/2001.

The traditional wedding is in May 2002. My wife won\'t be able to join me until then (May 2002). I do plan to get her H-4 in Jan itself after we get married in court.

What is the fastest way to get her here and get her GC ? What happens if my GC gets approved before May 2002 and what happens if it does not get approved by the time we get married in the traditional style in May 2002 ? I am not sure how to proceed from here. My attorney says that I cannot apply for her I-485 after we get married in court unless she is physically present in the USA.

Any advice will be appreciated. Sorry for the long message.

Thanks