my wife got FP appoint but not me

jose loaiza

Registered Users (C)
my wife received her appointment for FP. I haven't. It's that normal???
thanks!!
RD 140/485 concurrent 12-2002
140 approved 10-2003
jose

It happened to me also. I received my wife's FP notice on Sep 03. I have not received mine yet. Anybody in the same situation?

xyzzyxxyzyzx said:
It happened to me also. I received my wife's FP notice on Sep 03. I have not received mine yet. Anybody in the same situation?
Same case with me. My wife finished her FP, 2 days back. I did not get the FP yet. Looks like there are other people in similar situation.

Yampati
140/485 ND 11/25/03
140 AP 3/23/04

No problem even if your spouse didn't get FP notice

I had the same situation few weeks ago. My spouse got the FP notice but I didn't get the notice till today. But we went together on the Appointment day and told the receptionist that I didn't get the FP notice. Can they permit me also to do the FP. They checked in their systems took a print out of my 485 details checked my IDS -EAD,Driver Licence and allowed me to do the Finger Printing along with my wife.

So, no worries just go along with your spouse along with your IDs and you should be fine.

My wife got hers last week at our home address. Thought we would go together at her scheduled time next week even though I didn't receive my fp notice. Called my attorney today and found that his office received a fp notice for me scheduled two days earlier than my wife's appoinment. (My attorney only received fp notice for me, not for my wife) Gosh, if I didn't call him today, I would have missed my fp appointment.

Good luck to everypne.

P.S. Our online staus and LUD don't change a bit.

Tension NOT

My wife got her FP notice on Sept 2nd with requesting appearance on 09/08. I did not get mine.But on 09/09 I got mine asking me to show up on 08/08. So you will get yours in a week or so! So dont stress out and just relax :rolleyes:

Me too in Texas

Hi,

I am the primary applicant. I haven't got FP notice while my wife got it at the end of August. We are in Dallas, Texas. Does anybody know if it's possible for me to go get fingerprinted with my wife in Dallas? I am worrying that each ASC may have different rules. Thanks,

hanz, jsp,yampati, Jose laiza... please reply

I did my first FP today. However, my spouse has not received FP notice. Since you all have a similar problem, kindly reply if the FP notice for spouse has been received.

I went with my spouse to the ASC and they asked her to wait for FP notice by mail.

mdgc

In the same boat

My wife got her FP notice in Feb 04 to appear to give the finger prints during the first week of March. I haven't gotten mine as of yet and anxiously waiting for it. Talked to our attorney and he said it should not happen and added, he is going to pursue it. Wait and see

RD (I-140 and 485) : 11/17/2003

Me also in the same boat

I got notice on sept 30 th but my hubby didint get it still....my FP is on oct 25th but we moved to different location ..can you help me guys ...how to chnage my FP to the new Place!!?? with same date is possible!!?

Thanks in advance

Advice please

Hi Folks,
i am shaking in my boots here...I have filed for 485/140 on Nov13th, 2003 to Texas Center. I havent received finger printing notice until now. Is this normal? When I call my lawyer, he just says, "it is taking time, have patience."

Anything we can do? Please suggest.

Thanks

My wife and I have filed for I-485 in VSC Sept 9th 2003

On Oct 4th 2004, my wife (who is secondary on the applicaiton) got her FP notice for Nov 2004

However, I have not got my FP notice yet (I am the primary)
When contacted my attorner, she asked me to wait for a week to see.

Looking at some of the cases in this forum

1. I might get my notice in the next couple of weeks or
2. I can go along with my wife (even though I dont have a appointment) and take the proper identification and give my FP

My attorney told me that the I-484 will be adjuncted within 3 months after the FP.
When I asked my attorney, would that mean that a secondary will get the GC even when the primary applicant has not gotten his. She said no.

So I am confused. I guess the best route is to wait and see.

D

How often

pg2111 said:
My wife got hers last week at our home address. Thought we would go together at her scheduled time next week even though I didn't receive my fp notice. Called my attorney today and found that his office received a fp notice for me scheduled two days earlier than my wife's appoinment. (My attorney only received fp notice for me, not for my wife) Gosh, if I didn't call him today, I would have missed my fp appointment.

Good luck to everypne.

P.S. Our online staus and LUD don't change a bit.

How often that online status didn't change but in fact a FP notice is sent?

please share info.

thanks

Robert8 said:
How often that online status didn't change but in fact a FP notice is sent?

please share info.

thanks
I would like to know as well. I received one in the mail on sat but my online status has not yet changed. However, last year I did have an online status change, though I don't know how long the delay was.

In regards to the post above yours, no, an FP does _not_ mean the 485 will be approved soon. Often it seems that the second FP precedes a 485 adjudication soon after, but I had my first FP about 18 months ago and now have to get a second.

Heard that INS has changed the way they do FP's. So, if you get the FP now means (hopefully) that your file is ready to be processed. I wish this reamins as it is.

I applied for 485 in November 2003 and got FP for my wife first. A week later I got mine. Also my online status didn't change at all. It doesn't say anything about this FP.

Last edited by a moderator: