Registered Users (C)
my wife who is a derivative asylee,

just got email from ins that her case transferred to san francisco office

where we live,

i like to know if this is mean that her case became complicated,

or easier than before,

does this transfer mean she will get green card soon

Dear John:

It depend on your situation. at least INS wants to verify something. be good preparation, please.

Yeah,as Jubilee said,I think being transfered to local INS is the faster way to get approved.I've never heard any complicated situation about cases transfered to local INS.Most of cases end gladly.Don't panic,it's a very good sign.It may take some weeks to get an appointment letter,but the end will be nice.
Good luck.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

I think only NSC and TSC are handling the adjustment of asylees' I-485, at least according to USCIS. Then the transfer to a local office probably means an interview or something else, but many posts said that interviews are not that bad at all.

So relax and enjoy the holidays!

hard to tell. some cases are transferred to local offices randomly for quality control purposes. some cases are relocated because the service center believes there is a problem with the file (like criminal convictions or indications of asylum fraud or changed country conditions).

good luck and I hope the reason was the former.

John Smith 1 said:

where we live,

or easier than before,

John,

A small percentage of cases are uaully transferred to local offices for quality control cases. However, since its futile to second guess CIS, it probably better to go to a lawyer and prepare for the interview. Experiences of a lot of people who have gone for an interview is that it is very easy. But like I said you will always feel better if you cover all your bases.

Good Luck to you and your wife.

Mr. John,
I am deravitive asylee too. My case was transfered to San Francisco asylum office in 8 dec, 2005. My notice date is july 2001. I know though my case is little bit complicated and need some review. I have no other information on processing times, and how the process works. I live in seattle and I was told that the san fransisco office once in a while come over here for interview. I have posted some to question about my case on this forum. I got some answered other hanging.......we will see where it goes....

Few questions thought...........which office is your wife's case transfered: asylum office or service center..........what is her notice date..........
keeping postin......I have seen many individuals using the terms...INS and USCIS....does INS still exist...........even the notice I got from UCIS mentions INS, but I though that UCIS still uses old forms from INS...

Last edited by a moderator:
nd 2002 transfered to new york by TSC

john smith 1

do you still remeber me.bobby wang. I email you before about my case.i am deverative asylee also, my case transfered to tsc on sep.2005. today i got same email that on dec,21,2005, my case was transfered to new york,ny for processing.our office in new york will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. mayby we got the same officer who want easy job on holiday. just transfered our case and let someone work on it. also anyone transfered to new york city can post your experience?good luck to you mr.john. we hope we will be approved soon

my wife case dates are :

I 730 APPROVED JAN 2001
ND : JAN 2002
FP : MAY 2004
BIO : SEP 2005
LUD : OCT 3 2005
yesterday she got email from ins that her case was transferred to san francisco office,

my wife is a deivative asylee,

iam the primary asylee,

my adjustment status was approved on aug 16 2005

Thank You All

thank you all for your reply,

i really appreciate your answers,

i have a last question to ask,

do you think i need to hire lawyer for my wife case ?

i really appreciate your answers

John Smith 1 said:

where we live,

or easier than before,

They probably want to make sure you and her are really related..don't worry its routine.

faysal said:
Mr. John,
I am deravitive asylee too. My case was transfered to San Francisco asylum office in 8 dec, 2005. My notice date is july 2001. I know though my case is little bit complicated and need some review. I have no other information on processing times, and how the process works. I live in seattle and I was told that the san fransisco office once in a while come over here for interview. I have posted some to question about my case on this forum. I got some answered other hanging.......we will see where it goes....

Few questions thought...........which office is your wife's case transfered: asylum office or service center..........what is her notice date..........
keeping postin......I have seen many individuals using the terms...INS and USCIS....does INS still exist...........even the notice I got from UCIS mentions INS, but I though that UCIS still uses old forms from INS...

You need to recognize a distinction here. The op's file was transferred to the DISTRICT office for processing and the DISTRICT office will adjudicate the I-485 case. In your case the file was transferred to the ASYLUM office for a nunc pro tunc asylum grant. After this is complete the file has to go back to the service center for adjudication.

Do not compare apples and oranges.

John Smith 1 said:
thank you all for your reply,

i really appreciate your answers,

i have a last question to ask,

do you think i need to hire lawyer for my wife case ?

i really appreciate your answers
Hi ,
Me case is also in a local office , Im waiting for interview next month(appr.last week on January-first week February).My congresswoman representative email this information , but I did not receive letter from INS office yet.I have no single idea what they want from me.Im not going to hire lawyer , and I think you don't need one.Just my personal opinion.
Good luck !

anyone else' case transfered to new york from tsc

my case was tranfered to new york city local office by tsc for processing on dec.21.2005. anyone else got transfered to new york?
my nd apr.2002 , that mean i will be interviewed and please advice how long i have to wait to be interviewed, do i have problem because transfered?please advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
bobbywang said:
my case was tranfered to new york city local office by tsc for processing on dec.21.2005. anyone else got transfered to new york?
my nd apr.2002 , that mean i will be interviewed and please advice how long i have to wait to be interviewed, do i have problem because transfered?please advice?

I live in this crazy city,man it's the worst local office.That's why I'm thinking to move upstate for my citizenship(It takes 6 months to get it against 2 years in Big apple).It's gonna take you months to get an appointment for interview.Nebraska is better than federal plazza(New york city local office).Stay positive.
Good luck.

RD Aug 22,2001
Approved Sep 15,2005
GC received Sep 20,2005

My case was transferred to local Office

Hi guys

I am deivative asylee too. I sent my Nonc Pro Tunc on December. Today, I received a email where they told me:

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On January 3, 2006, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our local office for
processing. Our office will notify you when they take
action on your case. You should receive a notice informing you that your
case has been transferred, please call the National Customer Service
Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about processing times".

I called to customer service about processing time and they said that they are working now on December 2003. It is strange because in my city we do not have Asylum office. It si for general cases. The asyum office is in Houston TX.

I would like to know Why my case is in my local office and why I need to wait 2 years to get an answer?. Will my interview on my local office or the send after to Houston?

Thanks

ND Mar/2002
Bio Sept/2005
FRI Jan/06

Nunc Pro Tunc

Mr. Jupise!
As you may have noticed from my other postings, we are in a same situation. I am a derivative asylee, and my notice date is July 2001. I did my nunc pro tunc on Nov. 18 2005 and my case was transferred to an asylum office in San Francisco. I have received the transfer notice from Nebraska but didn’t hear from the mysterious asylum office yet.
I called the guys at 1800 number, but they were not helpful.

I had a few questions that I wanted to get answer, but I didn’t get a satisfactory answer yet.
First of all there is one thing that we need to understand: there are different places that cases get transferred and we need to understand the distinction among them. There are cases that get transferred to local service office. These cases are straight forward and they have a way to tract them down, and there is the asylum office transfer. As I have learned from other friends on this forum, there are about 9 to 10 asylum offices in the whole country. For example, my case was transferred to an asylum office in San Francisco and I live in Seattle. I was told the office has jurisdiction over cases in Seattle and they once in a while travel to here. I sent a letter inquiry into status of my case, no answer yet.

Still I don’t understand what is next.
One friend on this forum suggested that the asylum office has jurisdiction only to deny or approve the nunc pro tunc, which is essentially asylum application. Once they take an action on the case if they approve it they are going to transfer it back to the service center for green card approval. But when I called the 1800, they told me that the asylum office has jurisdiction over the case, and they can approve it. They told me that the asylum office would not transfer it back to service center for green card approval. And from the notice I received the service it says so. However, I don’t think that the person I spoke with was knowledgeable of the she was trying to describe. I think she was just reading the online message and drawing her inference based on that.

The major problem here nobody knows how long it is going to take for the asylum office to review the application. Since the nunc pro tunc is essentially an asylum application, I think it takes some where 40 to 180 days to hear from them, that is what they on their website the asylum process should take.

As far as your concern on the information that the customer service person gave you, I don’t think that information is accurate because this information is not available online. I think he/she was referring to the I485s pending at the local service centers, not the asylum. Sit tight and keep fingers crossed.

Also, I have done extensive research on nunc pro tunc cases, and they are rare. There are only a few I know on this forum who are experiencing this issue. So in order to benefit future derivatives from our experiences, please keep posting your experience.
Good luck……………..

Faysal,

you right. It is very strange and I don't know eather anything. I think that we will have an appoitment and get evidence and everything about our case and our life in USA (Taxes, Divorced documents, etc). I don't know how long take that. I would like to get information about, but nobody knows. My Lawyer said that this is a strange case (my one) and we need to wait for. You know, I have my work permit close to expires and I don't know if I can renewal.

Really, I am scared because I think that we don't have anyinformation right now about INS.

Did you read this email in this forum about: "Need help from those who had or waiting for interview in a local office".

Read it, it was putting today (Jan 4th), and I think that "bringslite"., had an appoitment in local office. I don't know if it is the same like us.

Keep contact.

Good luck!

ClevelandOH said:
Hi ,
Me case is also in a local office , Im waiting for interview next month(appr.last week on January-first week February).My congresswoman representative email this information , but I did not receive letter from INS office yet.I have no single idea what they want from me.Im not going to hire lawyer , and I think you don't need one.Just my personal opinion.
Good luck !

CleverlandOH,

Are you a derivative AS ? If so, did your primary AS already get approved ? Did you both file 485 together ? Just curious, why CIS transfer you to local interview.

Thanks,