• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My visa status B1/B2 will be affected if I apply for the Diversity Visa Lottery?

Sigh.. I wish people wouldn't apply for the DV Lottery just on a whim, or as a tourist visa, or just to see if they can get it for the heck of it, and never follow through... Really screws it up for the rest of us who are really, really wanting it..

I totally agree with you.

JessJames and Bahamaschick, I feel your pain. It's taken us 9 times of trying to finally get selected - all 9 times were serious. Last year my husband got selected in that botch job of a draw, so we experienced a nice crash to earth .... not! :mad: I always wonder if we might have been selected earlier if it weren't for the whimsical entrants.

Good luck to you both in the 2nd draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
After being Denied on DV lottery, whats the risk to visit US with B1/B2 visa?
Any aspect regarding Dual intend presumption?
THAnk You

I get incredibly frustrated reading posts from people that think "maybe" they want a green card for the future, or for travel, or just to have. So many people want the green card to move permanently to the US, start their lives their and follow the rules; the rules so clearly all over the internet and especially this forum if one only looks. How many legitimate entrants with US goals lose their 'place' to those who enter but never really want to go to the US to live and get out as soon as they can to go to their home country and only enter the US to keep their status. Makes me so cross.

If you don't want to permanently move to the US to become a Permanent Resident, exactly the purpose of the Green Card, for goodness sake don't enter the DV lottery and take a visa from someone else.

Q

Last edited by a moderator:
I get incredibly frustrated reading posts from people that think "maybe" they want a green card for the future, or for travel, or just to have. So many people want the green card to move permanently to the US, start their lives their and follow the rules; the rules so clearly all over the internet and especially this forum if one only looks. How many legitimate entrants with US goals lose their 'place' to those who enter but never really want to go to the US to live and get out as soon as they can to go to their home country and only enter the US to keep their status. Makes me so cross.

If you don't want to permanently move to the US to become a Permanent Resident, exactly the purpose of the Green Card, for goodness sake don't enter the DV lottery and take a visa from someone else.

Q

Agree. And the worst are those who do apply for CP after winning (hence taking up visa number!) and visit US only once or twice!! They really think this is some sort of a free pass for travel.