• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My (very fresh) interview experience

gideon1on1, they asked specifically for the bank extract. As SusieQQQ has said, it's better to be prepared.

baluska, I had a letter from human resources with my name, experience and current occupation, but they saw that I had an official document with all the jobs I have had and last year salaries, and asked for it. Here in Spain it's a document that our "tax agency" can give you easily, I don't know how it works in other countries.

Having said that, it is true that the other lady, the one that interviewed me, didn't ask about my job or experience (I was eligible because of high education) and didn't seem to pay much attention to the job documents.

Just be aware that if you pay by credit card it gets put through as a USD transaction and credit card companies like to whack you on the exchange rates you use...so it may be cheaper to pay local currency cash (of course if you have say a family of four you may not feel comfortable walking around with that much cash)

The interview is the day after tomorrow and they are closed for the weekend. But thanks

Hi! I had my interview today and I wanted to share the experience with you all. I'm from Barcelona, so I had to go to Madrid for the interview. I had my medical examination on Friday and today I picked up the results and I went to the embassy.

I arrived 30 minutes early, but a very nice lady let me in, guided me through security, took my phone and told me to take a number from the machine. Five minutes later they call me and asked for the documents. In my case: University title, birth certificate, police records, medical examination, and she also asked for the bank extract and proof of job experience.

Next step: paying the fee and waiting about 20 minutes until another lady called me again and started the actual interview. She made me promise I would tell the truth and took my fingerprints. Asked me what I intended to do once in the States and whether it was true that I had in the bank the amount of money stated in the extract.

Then she said that everything was all right, congratulated me, and explained that in a couple of weeks they would send my passport with all the documentation and information needed.

And that has been all! One hour tops!

hi trim,
when you said "they would send my passport..." does this mean that they actually kept your passport and would keep it for a couple of weeks?

Regards.

hi trim,
when you said "they would send my passport..." does this mean that they actually kept your passport and would keep it for a couple of weeks?

Regards.

Yes, it does. They keep the passport and they send it when they have de visa ready. They say two weeks, but they normally send it in one week.

But are you having your interview in Madrid? Because I think that it is different depending on the embassy.

Yes, it does. They keep the passport and they send it when they have de visa ready. They say two weeks, but they normally send it in one week.

But are you having your interview in Madrid? Because I think that it is different depending on the embassy.

Hello,

Same thing for me. I had my interview in Paris on november 21. They said they will send me back my passport with the visa within 7 to 10 business days.
Trim79, did you get yours already?

I didn't. They said two weeks, but I know people who had theirs in one. Perhaps this is a bad week because of Thanksgiving. Anyway, they said two weeks, so if by next tuesday I don't have the documentation I will contact them.

Hello,

Same thing for me. I had my interview in Paris on november 21. They said they will send me back my passport with the visa within 7 to 10 business days.

Trim79, did you get yours already?

Hi! I had my interview today and I wanted to share the experience with you all. I'm from Barcelona, so I had to go to Madrid for the interview. I had my medical examination on Friday and today I picked up the results and I went to the embassy.

I arrived 30 minutes early, but a very nice lady let me in, guided me through security, took my phone and told me to take a number from the machine. Five minutes later they call me and asked for the documents. In my case: University title, birth certificate, police records, medical examination, and she also asked for the bank extract and proof of job experience.

Next step: paying the fee and waiting about 20 minutes until another lady called me again and started the actual interview. She made me promise I would tell the truth and took my fingerprints. Asked me what I intended to do once in the States and whether it was true that I had in the bank the amount of money stated in the extract.

Then she said that everything was all right, congratulated me, and explained that in a couple of weeks they would send my passport with all the documentation and information needed.

And that has been all! One hour tops!

I have question About bank extract, Is it for the last 6 months or 1 year statement?

I didn't. They said two weeks, but I know people who had theirs in one. Perhaps this is a bad week because of Thanksgiving. Anyway, they said two weeks, so if by next tuesday I don't have the documentation I will contact them.

Got it today! Exactly 7 business days after my interview.

God is wonderful................

hi am henry from nigeria.......pls am confused here ma case is 2014AF7000 (as in 7000)buh up til now i have not receive 2nl...... pls wat might be the problem? one love guys.

God is wonderful................

i called them they said, they have received and processed my case that i should be checking my mails....menh to be a man is not a day job buh i still give God the glory.........he's GOD of practical.......tanx guys..........so wats new?

6 months is more tha enough.

I called my embassy here in Serbia and the person I've spoken to said that the bank statement isn't necessary. Now, since you are the man with all the information here, how come did they ask him to file it?