My Turn!! YeeeHaaaa!!

Dove13

Registered Users (C)
*Stampped UPDATE below* My Turn!! YeeeHaaaa!! *Stampped UPDATE below*

Just check my email today and I got an email states that

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status.

Case Status:

This case has been approved. On May 26, 2004, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address." :D

==========================================================

UPDATE! (6/6/04)

I got the approval notice letter last Tuesday. The letter told me to go to the local office in Denver, bring the notice, I-94, passport, and 2 photos.

- Today, 6/6/04, Drove to the office in Denver. Got there around 5am and was the 8th in line.
- 7 a.m. the office opened. Went through the check point.
- Went to the window got a ticket number 5 (a few people infront of me went to the window and either got the information they need or were send home. So, that's why i got # 5 and not #8) and wait for them to call.
- 7:35 a.m. They called my number. Went up to the window and gave the officer the notice, passport, I-94, and the photos. He asked for the EAD work card. Gave him the card. He pulled out a form and filled my A# then did finger print (index) on both side of the form. He then VOID my I-94 and cut my EAD card into pieces. Gave me back my picture though.. hehe. He then took my photos, check make sure I have name and A# on the back of the photos then put them in a zip lock bag and staple it to the form. Next he stamped my passport and write some info. on my passport. He gave me back the passport and told me to make sure that I have my name on my mail box or the card won't be delivered. I said ok. He also told me to make photo copies of the stamped page and save it in personal folder at work. The stamp is valid til June next year. Asked him how long will it take for the card to come. He said between 6 months to a year. I thanks and wish him a good day and left. I left the office at around 7:50 a.m.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are your dates?

Congrats!

I think you will get a approval letter.

PL Can you post the below dates?

RD?
ND?
FP1?
RFE?
FP2?
EB2-EB3?

Thanks

Ok, I will post the dates once I get home tonight.

So, can any one tell me if that mean I don't have to go for an interview right?
and will the letter and card mail to me or my attorney?

Here is my process detail you request!

I485 ND: 06/12/02
1st FP: 07/25/02
2nd FP: 08/01/03
RFE: 03/19/04
Mail RFE:05/19/04
I485 AP: 05/26/04

kshashikanth said:
Dove13,
Congratulations ...........Can you post your details about RFE.......

Thanks
Shashi

The RFE requested:
- Name and address of the current employer, employment date.
- Letter from permanent employer indicate job title, wage, terms and cond.
- "All" nonimmigrant status documents issued by INS.
- Copy of driver license.

If no longer hire by the original employer, then more info. is needed.
- W2, 1040, cancel check, etc.

Some Questions,

1. Is hair cut mandatory? If so you didn't mention size or something.
2. I don't think shower is a must to get passport stamped.
3. You woke up at 4.0 but You should also provide at whattime did u go to bed. So exact sleep time could be known.
4. You were 8th in the line but got ticket # 5. How Come?

Hey buddy. Just kidding....
My Heartly Congratulations...
I can understand our happiness will knew no bounds once we get this news...
So it is party time for you... :)

:)

Hi Dove13,

Congrats.

I have a question about photo ID. Did they ask you to show any photo ID
at any point like at security or counter. I heard that they ask for
Driver LIcense or State ID. That way they can see your picture and address
also.

I have a problem. I have my address in state A for all INS purposes. I
live in state B and hold DL of state B. Now my question is, if they
insist on DL, the IO may see the different addresses and he may question.

I have other ideas. I will change my DL to state A. I wll wait and then
only go for stamping. But again an intelligent officer may see the
issue date and he may question.

What are their acceptable picture IDs. Is there a way that I can avoid
showing DL

Please help.
us_immigrant

----------------------------------------

Yes, the security asked me for a photo ID at the check point. I "think" you should be ok as long that your DL is valid. It is more like security purpose. :D

NIW RFE help please

Hi Dove13,

Congratulations! I have a question regarding the RFE. Did they specifically as for a permenant employment letter as an evidence from the employer? Do you think it is applicable to NIW applicants too? What if I have a contract based job, which renews year after year?

how did you frame your letter? How important is this?

Please reply as soon as you can! We have very little time.

perplexed! said:
Hi Dove13,

Congratulations! I have a question regarding the RFE. Did they specifically as for a permenant employment letter as an evidence from the employer? Do you think it is applicable to NIW applicants too? What if I have a contract based job, which renews year after year?

how did you frame your letter? How important is this?

Please reply as soon as you can! We have very little time.

First of all, I'm not an attorney. I don't know what NIW is. I can only answer what I know. Yes, they did ask me to submit a letter from my permanent employer. The letter must included the job title, salary, the day you were hired and that the agreement base on the labor certification still existed. I believe that the RFE for each case is different. So, you should wait until your get your RFE.

------ Letter format ------

Date

Refer To File No: LINXXXXXXXXXX; AXXXXXXXX

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Nebraska Service Center
P.O. Box XXXXX
Lincoln, NE XXXXX-XXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

Case Type: I-485
Beneficiary: Your Name

Please let this letter confirm that YOUR NAME is a full time employee. He was employed by YOUR COMPANY on DATE. His current position is YOUR POSITION. He receives annual income of $ YOUR SALARY per year. YOUR COMPANY will continue to offer YOUR NAME employment with the same terms and conditions as stated in the approved ETA 750 A and B, application for alien employment certification.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me

Very truly yours,

YOUR BOSS NAME
COMPANY NAME
ADDRESS