My turn at last.......

GarY L

Well guys, my 485 was approved this morning after a marathon session. The guy who interviewed me was incredibly efficient and even went to the effort of tracking down my wife's file which was lost up to that point.

If the guy who helped me was running the show, then I think we would all have been processed by now. I deliberately didn't say "approved by now" since I think, statistically speaking, there are a few chancers amongst us. These chancers are not our friends, but our enemies since they make the BCIS take all these extreme measures to catch them, making honest applicants pay the price in delays.

I feel kinda guilty that my case was approved before the poor people in LIN03 030... who haven't even been looked at yet. My apologies to those folk.

One interesting snippet of information: The guy told my lawyer that they are re-organizing all cases based on file date instead of LIN number. The reason is that they will then be able to identify the older cases and do them first. I hope this is some consolation to those who I pushed in front of in the queue.

Good luck my 485 friends and companions. I wish all of you well.

I will be looking for a volunteer to take over the summary report so that everyone can still gain some use from it. I hope that I have managed to make the journey for some people a little less arduous (however you spell that):D

Regards,
FunkyJunky

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations !!! Enjoy your Freedom :) :) :)

Your reports have been more valuable to us all this time. Do stop by once in a while.

Congratulations!

Your contribution is invaluable to us. All the best. No need to tell you please update rup.....

Hi Funky:

Congratulations to your final approval and thanks for giving us your interview scenario which brought us new hope. I feel so glad for you and your family. Your effort of organizing the greenland summary is always appreciated.

:):)

good luck ..

Funky junky,
Congratulations. Your presence in this forum and the tools you
produced - like the green land script, not to mention your sense of
humour enlivened the forum for days. I wish you good luck.

cheers!!!
starbucks
RD 12/14/01

From the bottom of my heart, wish you all my best. There are lots of people in this group who will never have a chance to know you or will ever meet you. But you were an unknown jewel for all of us. Take care of your self and enjoy your life where ever you are.

We say "stay green" and "sow green" and enjoy your "green" card.

Congrats FJ. Also, Thanks for initiating and handling the GreenLand Summary. Wish you the best in other aspects of your life.

Happy & Sad !!

Hi FunkyJunky
I am happy about your approval. On the other side I am sad about loosing an active member from our community. Any way I want to be more sad in combing days.
Enjoy the new freedom & life.
:p

Congratulations and best of luck to you, FunkyJunky!

Could you post your dates, please? RD/ND/FP/RFE etc.

FunkyJunky, hearty congrat to you and your family. I never met you but yet felt know you from the past year(s) from this forum. I was thinking of you and your family just a few days ago and wondering how your case is doing. After all, we did share the same dream, suffered the same pain, fight for the same goal, comforted each other like an old pal. I am so very happy for you and your family, it is beyond the word.

Hi FunkyJunky,

Congrats!!. Your summary info is very valuable, thanks for every thing that you have done for this forums. Can you please post your dates (ND, RD, etc) again here please.

Thanks