My trip to Vermont today Aug 23, 2004

nemessis

Registered Users (C)
I followed the advice from the guys in I485 forum (http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138896) and I went to VSC in the morning to take advantage of the last days of the “walk-in window” which will be discontinued from Sept 1st. From Boston was 8 1/2 hours drive both ways for less than 30 min of talking with a lady from that office. Of course my main problem was why I didn’t receive the FP until now and if it is possible to have it done today there. The answer was of course “No!!!” and after ~15 min of talking in the back with a (more knowledgeable :confused: ) supervisor the lady came back and told me that they are currently processing July 12, 2002 and because my ND is after that I should not expect the FP or anything else :mad: :mad: :mad: , and the approval may come sometime from 6 mo to 1 year or more from now :eek: . In conclusion they cannot do anything to help me and I should go home and wait for the FP and other things that they will ask me to provide them in the case they’ll need. So my advice for other ppl who are ready to go there these days ... if your ND is after July 12, 2002, you’re wasting your time, if it is before that you may give it a try ...

Anyway I was disappointed by St. Albans ... the most rural town I’ve ever seen in the US until now (and I’ve been in NJ several times :D ) , the building is pretty small compared with what I thought so it looked to me pretty that they have small capabilities for the big job they have to do ... GOD help us, because after the visit today there my hopes that this will come to an end soon are smaller than yesterday.

BTW, no bulk FPs this week also ...

Wow,
Your trip really sucked. So the official FP date is July 2002? That seems strange since people are getting FP calls from ND's much later than that. How can they explain that?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can imagine I couldn't say "I know from scanning that you're sending FP up to July 2003 ..." :D :D :D . The oficial date for everything related to 485 seems to be July 12, 2002 :(

LaborApproved said:
Wow,
Your trip really sucked. So the official FP date is July 2002? That seems strange since people are getting FP calls from ND's much later than that. How can they explain that?

oops !

sorry that you wasted your time, but at least we know that the building looks as it should :-0, worn out and run down like the USCIS people

Maybe its a good thing you tried, at least you know that you did not leave any stone unturned.

I-485 Processing Date

nemessis said:
I followed the advice from the guys in I485 forum (http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=138896) and I went to VSC in the morning to take advantage of the last days of the “walk-in window” which will be discontinued from Sept 1st. From Boston was 8 1/2 hours drive both ways for less than 30 min of talking with a lady from that office. Of course my main problem was why I didn’t receive the FP until now and if it is possible to have it done today there. The answer was of course “No!!!” and after ~15 min of talking in the back with a (more knowledgeable :confused: ) supervisor the lady came back and told me that they are currently processing July 12, 2002 and because my ND is after that I should not expect the FP or anything else :mad: :mad: :mad: , and the approval may come sometime from 6 mo to 1 year or more from now :eek: . In conclusion they cannot do anything to help me and I should go home and wait for the FP and other things that they will ask me to provide them in the case they’ll need. So my advice for other ppl who are ready to go there these days ... if your ND is after July 12, 2002, you’re wasting your time, if it is before that you may give it a try ...

Anyway I was disappointed by St. Albans ... the most rural town I’ve ever seen in the US until now (and I’ve been in NJ several times :D ) , the building is pretty small compared with what I thought so it looked to me pretty that they have small capabilities for the big job they have to do ... GOD help us, because after the visit today there my hopes that this will come to an end soon are smaller than yesterday.

BTW, no bulk FPs this week also ...

Nemessis

Sorry to hear that your trip was a waste of time. Where did they get the July 12th 2002 date from? According to the USCIS website, they are currently processing employment based I-485 applications dated August 26th, 2002. Don't they know their own dates?

RPB8260

Initially I though she was talking about July 12, 2003, knowing they they've sent FP for first part of July so I asked her specifically and she said "No, July 12, 2002". Only applic before that date should open an inquiry ... after that just wait ... anyway I remembered then a story told by brigand several weeks ago here when he called the customer service and the lady from USCIS found out then (after asking a colleague) that the USCIS is accepting concurrent applications for I140/I485 ... I had the same feeling, that the customer service ppl have no idea about what's going on ...

rpb8260 said:
Nemessis

Sorry to hear that your trip was a waste of time. Where did they get the July 12th 2002 date from? According to the USCIS website, they are currently processing employment based I-485 applications dated August 26th, 2002. Don't they know their own dates?

RPB8260

I had the same information from a trip to a senators office - a whopping 2 min walk down 7 floors in my worksite building :D

I knew the info was real since the 'correspondence coordinator' called up the VSC right then and there in front of me and had gotten the exact same answers as nemessis did.

ND July 10th (03207) is still not FP'ed :mad: (i'm still scanning for the complete list)

Similar experience

nemessis said:
Initially I though she was talking about July 12, 2003, knowing they they've sent FP for first part of July so I asked her specifically and she said "No, July 12, 2002". Only applic before that date should open an inquiry ... after that just wait ... anyway I remembered then a story told by brigand several weeks ago here when he called the customer service and the lady from USCIS found out then (after asking a colleague) that the USCIS is accepting concurrent applications for I140/I485 ... I had the same feeling, that the customer service ppl have no idea about what's going on ...

Last night I E-Filed my EAD renewal and after I clicked "Finish", the receipt notice was not generated as it was supposed to in pdf format. But I did get a receipt number. So, I called the Customer Service to find out about that and why I didn't get the receipt notice generated.
The lady I spoke to told me that E-Filing is not available anymore for EAD, so I have to re file everything by mailing the papers. I got very confused and asked, if that is the case why did it generate the receipt number. Then she took the receipt number and read the online message for me :D .

Thanks,
GC_Kaavaali.

I am sorry that it didn't help your case. If you remember the thread, somebody had posted a question similar to your case.

>> Does it make sense if I walk in (with 485 ND in 2003)?
>
>I doubt it because they will just tell you (verbatim) 'we are processing
>8/26/02 today, you won't hear from us until xxyy'. This is what they told a
>guy who was there while we were waiting. I think, only if you are past one
>of their published dates that they will become active.

(The emphasis beeing on 'published dates'. All the stuff floating around here from 'scanning' and other folks experience with 'FP1' and 'FP2' doesn't exist in their world. In my wifes case, the EAD was overdue for >13months, this is what gave us a 'handle' to get them moving )

Last edited by a moderator:
How could that be....

you mean to say they are issuing fp for people who applied on or before jul 12 2002...
that doesnt seem possible...as the processing dates for 485 in the last week
publishing is Aug 26 2002..which means they must have send Fp atleast an year before...

:confused:

I think what they meant was that only the ppl with ND before Jul 12, 2002 have the right to ask them about I485, FP etc ... the rest should wait.

jack76 said:
you mean to say they are issuing fp for people who applied on or before jul 12 2002...
that doesnt seem possible...as the processing dates for 485 in the last week
publishing is Aug 26 2002..which means they must have send Fp atleast an year before...

:confused: