My Travel Experience - RTD no Green Card

Hi friends,
I have a question, is it possible that I stay out of the USA with my refugee travel document for three months?
Please please if you have any experience share it with me, Also I have another question, I am waiting for my green card from October, do you know how long it will take that I receive it? I am asylee and from one the countries that include travel ban!
Thank you very much

Hi friends,
I have a question, is it possible that I stay out of the USA with my refugee travel document for three months?
Please please if you have any experience share it with me, Also I have another question, I am waiting for my green card from October, do you know how long it will take that I receive it? I am asylee and from one the countries that include travel ban!
Thank you very much
Yes it’s possible as long as it’s not more than 6 months , from my own experience my GC took about 18 months the waiting time varies

Has anybody traveled to Mexico with RTD and green card??

Would love some feedback. Btw my Europe trip with RTD was pretty good. My RTD and green card was Checked few times in train when I was crossing borders. No issues though. I traveled hungry, Austria, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Amsterdam, Germany and Denmark.

Guys, is any of you know if we are required to pay the fees for the very first RTD application after Asylum approval ( before sending my green card application).

Guys, is any of you know if we are required to pay the fees for the very first RTD application after Asylum approval ( before sending my green card application).
I got mine as soon as my case was approved and didn’t pay for it. It was in September of 2018. Not sure if things have changed.

No just the EAD

Did you even read the post you were replying to? Asylum Seekef was asking about an RTD (Refugee Travel Document), not an EAD (Employment Authorization Document). This entire THREAD is about RTDs. Please pay attention to what you're replying to. You're causing confusion and you could have delayed this poster's application even further.

@asylum seekef, please ignore @tesseract19's post. They're talking about a completely different document. Also, please keep your questions to a single thread, and wait for an answer. Don't ask the same question on different threads. That also causes confusion.

Last edited:
Is there anyone who has experience in traveling with RTD with no Green Card? I am an asylee and just got my RTD. I am planning to travel to some asian countries and am wondering if anyone has experience before traveling with just the RTD.

Is there anyone who has experience in traveling with RTD with no Green Card? I am an asylee and just got my RTD. I am planning to travel to some asian countries and am wondering if anyone has experience before traveling with just the RTD.
How long it took to get your first travel document issued?

Hi everyone,
I applied for my travel documents with the Green card. I have an emergency trip abroad, but it seems the center that is reviewing my application doesn't care about the letter that I attached to my application. Also, they denied my expedite request. Is there anyone here who knows any solution for it? Thank you in advance!