My thought on Premium Processed on H1B

2jzpowered

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Before I begin i would like to wish you all the best of luck in getting the H1B. We, including myself, are in a very tough situation right now and i Hope everyone will stay tough.

I read a lot of people were asking what the premium process will make a difference at this point in time. I am not sure if my thought here will brighten the situation but i choose to share it anyway.

The law firm appointed by my company, one of the biggest Immigration Law firm in the US said, about a month ago, that they will Premium Processed my Visa Petition. When i came to know that they will premium processed my Visa i was getting confused, why would they need to premium processed it when i wasn't in a hurry to get the H1B ?

Last night i went to their website and they have article posted, same about a month ago, saying that they are expecting the CAP TO BE MAXED OUT THE very FIRST DAY OF FILING and they sent me an email on the 30th of march that they have filed my application with the USCIS. So Somehow they knew that this would happen. Do you guys see where I am going on this one.

The bottom Line is, my guess at this point, if they knew this would happen they also must have known what Premium Process could make a difference otherwise why would they waste money and chose to do so ?

and again, it's my 2 cents

premium processing only applies for the 65,000 visa applicants that are selected. premium processing does not help if you are in the random selection process, which is applicants whos papers were received on April 2nd and 3rd.

If you get lucky, and ure name is selected, then premium processing will make the h1b grant/denial faster.

More on this from immigration law website:

04/03/2007: H-1B Cap Lottery and Premium Processing Cases
  • Unconfirmed sources indicate that it will take a while before all the lottery winners are selected. Question remains what happens with the Premium Processing filing cases which the rule requires to adjudicate within 15 days. Obviously there is a serious conflict between the Premium Processing rule and the H-1B cap lottery processing rule. The USCIS may argue that the Premium Processing cases which are physically received on April 2, and April 3 are not considered "filed" under the Premium Processing rule in that until the cases are selected, they are not considered legally "filed." Fair enough for the regular filers in the lottery but enormously unfair to the Premium Processing filers. Well, who cares about the fairness under the current circumstances of insanity. The system certainly needs a change!

you guys think this year, they may add more than 65,000 visas to the existing quota, to make be 150,000 because of this situation? I mean this is absurd. Im sure congress and the government will get a wind of this situation and do something about it.

you guys think this year, they may add more than 65,000 visas to the existing quota, to make be 150,000 because of this situation? I mean this is absurd. Im sure congress and the government will get a wind of this situation and do something about it.

How big is the likelihood of this outcome you think ?

I would think not very likely. Unless there is some big push from large corporations and you have Bill Gates and Warren Buffet shouting like mad and going on hunger strike.

Truth is for any such proposition to increase foreign workers, it needs to be passed through a democrat controlled congress and from the looks of it the democrats in the house will veto any bill that sends message to US voters for next year that the Dems are "anti-US worker".

If anything, keeping the number at what it is will send the message that Dems are strict about enforcing immigration laws and are sincere about protecting the american worker.