My status...please hear me out

dizizit

Registered Users (C)
hi everyone!

i had my interview last OCT 12 (NYC)...I passed the written and oral test..but the thing is, the IO told me i have to give her more documents that establishes me and my husband are living for the past 3 years. (i applied thru 3 yrs marriage)

at that time, i only have a bank statement (with both our names on it)...since we were only renting on his parent's house, we didn't really have any bills that have both our names on it...and this year we just bought our house... the mortgage papers that i showed her is not enough bec. we just bought the house this year and she told me it's only a recent document, she wont accept it....(how can she not accept that? im bound for a 30 year mortgage plan, and it's still not enough huhuhu)

so she told me to mail more proofs before nov 13....so i mailed more proofs (she needed 3 more)..i accomplished that and mailed the documents last OCT 24....

the thing is..up to now...i haven't received a letter yet from them...

what should i do? should i wait more? is no news , good news?

how does the infopass work? can you choose which date you can have or the infopass assigns you a date?

im getting paranoid...it's been 2 months :(

Hello There Good Luck To You

I Do Have A Very Similar Situation With Yours In Fact It Is The Same Situation Accept I Am Not Married, 2 Days Ago I Had My Interview I Had Paassed All The Testsand Io Gave Me N-14 Form And Asked From Me To Submit Some Docs. And Send , So I Ddi All That At The Very Same Day I Gatherd All Docs She Needed And Sent Them I Am Waiting Respond From Them Impatiently An D Mine Is Only Two Days And I Am Sooooo Paronoid About It ,, If I Have The Cure Of The Struglle That We All Are Facing Believe Me I Will Do It Immediatly..
I Think Their System Does Not Work Harmoniously And As Well As It Should Be...
What Exactly The I O Had Told You If You Could Tell Me Everything That He/she Saidf May Be We Could Find Out What Is Wrong .. I Wish You All Luck
Turk

Taking an Infopass appt and asking about the status of your case is probably your best bet.

Flydog said:
Taking an Infopass appt and asking about the status of your case is probably your best bet.

will i be able to choose what date for the appoinment or the computer will choose for you?

TURK 75 said:
I Do Have A Very Similar Situation With Yours In Fact It Is The Same Situation Accept I Am Not Married, 2 Days Ago I Had My Interview I Had Paassed All The Testsand Io Gave Me N-14 Form And Asked From Me To Submit Some Docs. And Send , So I Ddi All That At The Very Same Day I Gatherd All Docs She Needed And Sent Them I Am Waiting Respond From Them Impatiently An D Mine Is Only Two Days And I Am Sooooo Paronoid About It ,, If I Have The Cure Of The Struglle That We All Are Facing Believe Me I Will Do It Immediatly..
I Think Their System Does Not Work Harmoniously And As Well As It Should Be...
What Exactly The I O Had Told You If You Could Tell Me Everything That He/she Saidf May Be We Could Find Out What Is Wrong .. I Wish You All Luck
Turk

she didn't really say anything..all she said was..."gather all the documents and send them at this address...attention: IO's name....before nov 13"

good luck to you too...

dizizit said:
will i be able to choose what date for the appoinment or the computer will choose for you?

You go to the USCIS web site and then to the Infopass site (http://infopass.uscis.gov/) (it used to be very easy to find - the USCIS, in the interest of "customer service" has hidden it fairly well).

Once there, you enter some information and it suggests possible appointment times. Just pick one. Occasionally, it will say no appointments are available. Just try it again later in the day or the next day. Something always pops up. The appointmens are typically 1 to 2 weeks in the future.

Good luck

Flydog said:
You go to the USCIS web site and then to the Infopass site (http://infopass.uscis.gov/) (it used to be very easy to find - the USCIS, in the interest of "customer service" has hidden it fairly well).

Once there, you enter some information and it suggests possible appointment times. Just pick one. Occasionally, it will say no appointments are available. Just try it again later in the day or the next day. Something always pops up. The appointmens are typically 1 to 2 weeks in the future.

Good luck

once you've chosen the date, can u cancel it still?

the venue of the appointment would be the same as to where i had my interview?

what should i bring during the infopass?

soorrryyy...too many questions.... :eek:

dizizit said:
once you've chosen the date, can u cancel it still?

the venue of the appointment would be the same as to where i had my interview?

what should i bring during the infopass?

soorrryyy...too many questions.... :eek:

1) you can cancel it, you can just not show up, whatever
2) the site will tell you where to go, in all likelihood, yes, its the same place (i.e. the DO)
3) a printout of your appointment, your green card and whatever else you think you think you should bring.

ALL of your questions are answered on that site, by the way

anyone who has a similar experience like me where you have to send additional documents after the interview???

still no letter :(
anyone who has same experience like me...where you have to send additional documents??