My Stamping experiance at Bloomington, St.Paul MN

savitra500

Registered Users (C)
Dear All

This morning I went to Bloomington USCIS office for passport I-551 stamp with Infopass Appointment. I got there at 8.30 am because my appointment was at 9.00 am. I started early from my home to avoid traffic jams. It is about 1 hour distance from my home. There were few people infront me in the queue for 9.00 am appointment. We were asked to give I-94, Photoes and approval letter(courtesy copy). We were out with four passports stamped in 30 minutes. In my case not too much wait. We were told by the Immigration officer that the Plastic Green Card will be mailed in 60 days. We were so happy on the way back home. I already joined in the plastic Tracker - NSC.

Just few tips when you go for the stamping .............

1. Camera phones are not allowed inside the building. Keep intheCAR.
2. Infopass appointment is must. They are not accepting walk-Ins.
3. No problem for parking.
4. Carry the Passport, Courtesy Copy, Photos with new style,OLD AP’s, OLD EAD’s, I-94

Thanks so much

Last edited by a moderator:
please respond

hi Savitra
congratrulations.
i have SOME questions

1)we need to take how meny infopass appointments for whole family.(u took 4 infopasses or just one for whole family)
2)according to ur details ur lud cahnged after RFE, if so how it is possible because once ur case moved to local office never changes our web messeges, thats what i heard from usics.
3)could u please tell me when u submitted ur rfe for 485 and how meny days u waited after RFE,
4)what is ur RFE about , did u get ur RFE from service center or from ST .PAUL DISTRICT OFFICE
5)have u been interviewd before and got RFE OR directly u got RFE on 485.

please could u tell me all these.
thanks

60 days

60 days??? That awesome. I went Bloomington, couple month back for my stamping and they told me 1-1.5 years.

savitra500
Did you sign or print your name on the card after finger print. I was asked to print my name by IIO and later I got RFE that it doesn't match with my I-485 application and I had to go again to redo the process. For me it is already 60 days. No sign of approval...

Congrats Savitra500!

When did you setup InfoPass appointment and what was the first available date?

Did you setup your InfoPass appointment after the email confirmation or did you wait until you got your I-797 notices?

I'll appreciates your response. Thanks.

Thanks guys for all your replies

Kiddy : I scheduled the appointment the moment I saw the E-Mail confirmation from USCIS. I received approaval letters with in a week time. I know that after getting approval letters , I have to wait two more weeks for appointment.

Shankardada MBBS : You need only one INFO Pass apointment for entire family. My case was never moved to Local Office. My case was approved with in 10 days of submitting the RFE.(RFE for Birth and I-94 Expiry date evidence)

Sahin : What did you do wrong. Instead of printing your name , You might have printed your darling name. I am just kidding...........I am first time hearing an RFE after for stamping. I was not asked to print my name. I only signed in the box shown by IIO. GC card 1 to 1.5 years is too much time.

Hmm

Yes, me and my wife were specifically asked to print name where we should have signed. When I went back,I got that IIO again, and she did the same mistake asking me print my first and last name. I told her no way, thats why I am here today again. She then said ok do whatever you like to do.

Hi Sahin

It looks like she doesn't know much about it. OR She might be in a hurry.

They don't even give the form in to our hands to read thorughly. Now, I understand why it went wrong for the first time. I hope they don't call me to print my name.

I wish you all the best