my son got approved

rumana

Registered Users (C)
my son got approved on 27 march and his card ordered on 3 april but i have not received it yet should i call ins or wait for some time

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by rumana
my son got approved on 27 march and his card ordered on 3 april but i have not received it yet should i call ins or wait for some time

please post a bit more detail regarding your son's case. i got my approval on 2nd of April but my 14-year old is still pending.
I called in days ago. i was told that i need to pay additional 50 to get his FP done.....
i don't know how long i have to wait?

Son's approval

My first kid, who is 9, got his approval along with mine on March 28th and the status has changed to Card Ordered on April 9th.

My other kid, who is 14 now, did not get approved, and we got a letter too saying a $50 fee needs to be paid for FP. I've done that now and am waiting for further news.

All the Best.

Re: Son's approval

Originally posted by RS003
My first kid, who is 9, got his approval along with mine on March 28th and the status has changed to Card Ordered on April 9th.

My other kid, who is 14 now, did not get approved, and we got a letter too saying a $50 fee needs to be paid for FP. I've done that now and am waiting for further news.

All the Best.

Could you please let me know how long did it take to get a $50 request notice since you got your approval? did on line message changed after a notice issued?

Thanks

Me and My Husband got an approval letter dated March 27 2003, stamping was done on 4/10/03 at Federal Plaza, NYC. My son who is 4 years old, got a welcome letter and the letter said that he should be recieving the card in 3 weeks. We called today ( 4/18/03 ) and they said, that the card was ordered but not printed yet, to which I asked, "Do you know that the card has been printed or not and when it will be mailed", the lady at Vermont Service letter replied that they will know when the card will be mailed. So we are hoping for the best.

Re: Son's approval

Originally posted by RS003

All the Best.

i was wondering what happened after you paid $50? did you hear anything from INS yet. I apaid $50 for my 14-year old son. i don't know when i am supposed to hear from them. How long is this process?

I paid $50 towards FP on March 10 for my Kid who turned 14 during the GC process. No news from INS (or BCIS) yet.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Could you please let me know if you hear anything from INS?
My personal e-mail address is :
Youxuanl@yahoo.com

Thanks

I send $50 by April but did get any response yet. do you know any body else who has been waiting for the same thing like this?

son approved earlier and $50

Hi everybody:
(1) son approved earlier
My older son's I485 was approved before my application was transferred to local INS for interview (employment based). All of ours applications were filed together. My son was approved 4 months earlier than I was. Weird practice of INS/BCIS, but this is not unusual.

(2) $50
I485 applicant who passes 14th birthday while waiting for adjudication needs to be fingerprinted. You might ask why BCIS just collects $50 at the time of filing when the applicant is still under 14? The answer is (1)BCIS is nuts (2) 14th birthday is a milestone for teen-immigrants. For example, a greencard automatically expires when the teen turns 14. Law does not require the immigrants under 14 have their fingerprints taken, but does so for teens at the age of 14. This is why so many teens just under 14 need to wait much longer for the entire process to complete.

My younger son was just under 13 when filing I485, and was asked to pay $50 for fingerprinting 4 months after he turned 14. And now he is almost 15, and is still waiting for approval while mine was already approved more than 3 months ago and his brother's (17 of age) was approved 7 months ago.

Re: son approved earlier and $50

My younger son was just under 13 when filing I485, and was asked to pay $50 for fingerprinting 4 months after he turned 14. And now he is almost 15, and is still waiting for approval while mine was already approved more than 3 months ago and his brother's (17 of age) was approved 7 months ago. [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you telling me that he has been waiting more than 6 month since you sent $50. That sucks!!

Mulan Liu: Yes. My younger boy has been waiting more than 6 months since his fingerprinting. We sent in $50 by mail and received no response from INS for quite a while. Then we went local INS to ask for the reason, and the officer issued a fingerprinting notice to my son immediately. We were interviewed in Jan of this year and my passport was stamped on the day of interview. Right now my boy is waiting for his IBIS security clearance. Good luck on your son's case.

Originally posted by chuang2830
Mulan Liu: Yes. My younger boy has been waiting more than 6 months since his fingerprinting. We sent in $50 by mail and received no response from INS for quite a while. Then we went local INS to ask for the reason, and the officer issued a fingerprinting notice to my son immediately. We were interviewed in Jan of this year and my passport was stamped on the day of interview. Right now my boy is waiting for his IBIS security clearance. Good luck on your son's case.

Chuang,

THank you very much for your information. it doesn't sound good to me. I guess all I need now is patient. I will let you know if i hear anything from ins