My recent landing and H-1b visa exp.

RamFan

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

Here is my first time landing and H-1b visa experience in Canada:

I just got back from Canada (on March 26th) with first time H-1b (F-1 to H-1. This is my third H-1 while staying in U.S without going through H-1b stamp in other words I had an expired F-1 on my passport) stamp on my and my wife’s (H-4) passports from Toronto consulate. Let me tell you it was piece of cake. I don’t mean to brag but truly it was very easy. I do work for a fortune 100 company. I am sure consulate people know my company fairly well. May my company's name played a major role. My paper work was solid. But they didn’t even looked at it....just read company letter, asked for my job title, and my U.S. masters diploma.

I also landed in Canada as an immigrant for the first time and it was also very nice experience. Only thing they pointed out was my wife eye color. It was mistakenly written as green on immigration forms we received, but Canadian officer politely asked my wife to take her glasses off and wrote blue instead of green. Also took new pics of us. I am a citizen of India and my wife a citizen and Venezuela.

There is no waiting period for Indians. Also, if you are a landed immigrant in Canada you do not have to pay $75 U.S. extra, which they charge from Indian nationals as reciprocatory fee. So you will save $75.

Hope this helps !!

Good Luck,

RamFan

P.S. One more thing: All successful visa recipients will get their passport back between 3-4 p.m. next working day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by RamFan
Hi there,

Here is my first time landing and H-1b visa experience in Canada:

I just got back from Canada (on March 26th) with first time H-1b (F-1 to H-1. This is my third H-1 while staying in U.S without going through H-1b stamp in other words I had an expired F-1 on my passport) stamp on my and my wife’s (H-4) passports from Toronto consulate. Let me tell you it was piece of cake. I don’t mean to brag but truly it was very easy. I do work for a fortune 100 company. I am sure consulate people know my company fairly well. May my company's name played a major role. My paper work was solid. But they didn’t even looked at it....just read company letter, asked for my job title, and my U.S. masters diploma.

I also landed in Canada as an immigrant for the first time and it was also very nice experience. Only thing they pointed out was my wife eye color. It was mistakenly written as green on immigration forms we received, but Canadian officer politely asked my wife to take her glasses off and wrote blue instead of green. Also took new pics of us. I am a citizen of India and my wife a citizen and Venezuela.

There is no waiting period for Indians. Also, if you are a landed immigrant in Canada you do not have to pay $75 U.S. extra, which they charge from Indian nationals as reciprocatory fee. So you will save $75.

---- what is this $75 charge for? applying for your US h1-b visa?

Hope this helps !!

Good Luck,

RamFan

P.S. One more thing: All successful visa recipients will get their passport back between 3-4 p.m. next working day.

others -

any idea about how easy it is for a visitor visa? i mean, a indian citizen, now canadian permanent resident and applying for a visitor visa to the US? can one apply for visitor visa from canada or should one go back to india to apply for a visitor visa to US? please let me know your comments, thanks.

Hello Mr. Ramfan,

Congratulations !!

I am on F1, applied for H1 and H4 (for my wife) in a premium processing. What are all the documents did you submitt when you applied for h1 and h4 stamping ? Did you take an appointment in consulate, Toronto ?

Thank you

Udupi

for cnatar02

It is fairly easy to get a visitors visa as long as you are a canadian permanent resident. you may be asked to prove that you live in canada. ofcourse they are concerned about you permanently settling in US so make sure you take all your canadian bank statements, phone bills etc.