My priority date passed...

mack16

Registered Users (C)
My dad petitioned for me on the year 95, that same year we got approved. We got the green light on the year 2002 I believe, but my family did'nt have the money then to legalize me so we let the years pass. It wasnt until last year that we sent the package with the fine and everything. Just two days ago, the lawyer gave my mom the package back because supposively Immigration had denied me due to the Immigration debate that is going on right now. They kept the 1000 dollar Money Order I sent them. I investigated a little bit and a person told me that maybe they had denied me because my priority date had passed. But I cant cope with that because the lawyer told me that it did'nt matter how long I took for me to fix, as long as I didnt reach my 21st birthdate. I will be 21 this year and I dont know what to do. Please help me. :confused: I am devasted I had all this goals, to go to college and work and everything.

Forgot to tell that Ive been her in the US since age 8. I was able to stay hera and fix here because I entered legally with a tourist visa, but never went back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your lawer is little bit right

Hi.
I think your lawer is right but you should'nt waste your time. When you submit your case then ISC gives you a case number and when your case approved then they see your priroty dates. So that's mean if your priroty dates are not current then you need to wait. (Right). when your priroty dates comes current then they allow you a visa number. That visa number mean either you will get or you'll be rejected. But you have a visa number. Now if you don't avail your visa number then they wait for while probably for year or a couple of year. If you don't avail this visa number then they put these visa numbers on none used visa number. So in the end of year they allot to other people. So I think you should be hurry to avoid lossing your visa number. However you must reply to USCIS coz they must know that you are in the country or you are alive. Start paper work and don't waste your time.

Aliazmat.

Ok dude, your case is with the NVC. That is you're applying through Consular Processing. Are they who you sent the package to?

You're supposed to pay the 335$ bill, and wait for them to send you and your parent (petitioner) additional forms to fill. Now since you've slept on it for so long, maybe it's better if you try and contact them yourself. Try calling them, maybe they're better than USCIS and they can actually be helpful.

On a side note, it's really not that expensive to pay the immigration fees. If cash is not available, credit card cash advances are always an option or a loan from someone you know. I'm not mean-spirited but to stop at a thousand dollars (maybe or probably less) for 4 years. That's a lot of time :confused:

Furthermore, if you do leave the country for Consular Processing you will probably trigger a 10-year-ban from entering the country.