My Priority Date is the same as Cut off Date

ryy

Registered Users (C)
Do you think if my PD is exactly the same as the cut off date, it will be current next month? My EB2 PD is 04-01-2005 and the cut off date on the October bulletin is also 04-01-2005 for China-mainland-borne people.

I called Nebraska and the answer is “NO”, but I called the U.S. Department of State which issues the visa bulletin every month and the answer is “YES”. So confused!!!

Thanks for your comments in advance.

ryy said:
Do you think if my PD is exactly the same as the cut off date, it will be current next month? My EB2 PD is 04-01-2005 and the cut off date on the October bulletin is also 04-01-2005 for China-mainland-borne people.

I called Nebraska and the answer is “NO”, but I called the U.S. Department of State which issues the visa bulletin every month and the answer is “YES”. So confused!!!

Thanks for your comments in advance.

As per the VISA BULLETIN:
"Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number."

So dont be surprised if you dont see any approvals happening for your case.

Well. I told the woman working in the U.S. Department of State about this sentence. After she reads the sentence, she still insists my PD will be current because she said "if they put the date 04-01-2006 there, it should includes that date. Otherwise, why put that date there?".

She also can be wrong although.

HaraKad said:
As per the VISA BULLETIN:
"Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number."

So dont be surprised if you dont see any approvals happening for your case.