• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My photo head size is 71% little bigger than eligible size 69%

DROY2013

I applied for EDV2020 here I again forget to check Photo Validatior. After applying suddenly it came in my mind to check photo validator. While checking head is little big 71% then eligible size 69%. So I am just worried, will it disqualify me if I have been selected?

DO YOU THINK IT WILL DISQUALIFY ME?

Side note: You probably shouldn’t share such photos on this forum.

If you’re selected, it’s unlikely that you’d get disqualified for that, given that your photo was validated upon entry.

It’s unlikely that you’d get disqualified for a mere +2% in head size. If all your facial features are visible in the photo and it more or less conforms to the specifications, then you should be fine.

That given, I’d just wait until the 7th before stressing about this.

I applied for EDV2020 here I again forget to check Photo Validatior. After applying suddenly it came in my mind to check photo validator. While checking head is little big 71% then eligible size 69%. So I am just worried, will it disqualify me if I have been selected?

DO YOU THINK IT WILL DISQUALIFY ME?

Get selected first, then worry about if you may be disqualified or not after that. Until you’re actually selected, worrying about the potential impact of the picture is a waste of time.

Hi everyone,

I have been selected and my case number is almost current at 2024OC12**. Whats the prospects of getting approved at the interview with an error like this?

I checked it in the photo validator when I intially applied and it was fine and I used the US official tool to do the cropping but recently my paranoia got me and I actually measured it by pixel counting and came up with this exact scenario that being headsize to top of hair is 71%. Only from chin to hairline is 69%.

Hi everyone,

I have been selected and my case number is almost current at 2024OC12**. Whats the prospects of getting approved at the interview with an error like this?

I checked it in the photo validator when I intially applied and it was fine and I used the US official tool to do the cropping but recently my paranoia got me and I actually measured it by pixel counting and came up with this exact scenario that being headsize to top of hair is 71%. Only from chin to hairline is 69%.
I don't have personal experience of this as my CN isn't current yet, but I HIGHLY doubt you would get denied at your interview over that issue. After all, it was their photo tool that did the cropping and gave the go ahead to submit.

I've also found consulate staff to be reasonable people (when dealing with them over visa renewals).