My Philadelphia Interview Experience

philly_person

Registered Users (C)
My husband and I both had our interview yesterday at Philly office. My husband's interview was about 20 minutes earlier than mine.
we coundn't go even 5 minutes early. By the time we got there, it was about 1 minute before my husband's interviw time.
There were many people there already. we were told to go to the 2nd floor. after going to the 2nd floor, the lady at the counter told us that while mine is on the 2nd floor, my husband's is on the sixth. People were evenly divided
between these two floors, I guess. We didn't take any documentation other than our green cards and passports along with the interview letter.I was called in about 15 minutes after I came and was out in another 15 minutes. The lady who did my interview was very nice, I got 9 questions correct out of 10.She just went through the whole N400 form and asked me questions to which I already answered "No" on the form. (like have you ever been deported etc).
Then she said congratualtions and I was out. The whole process didn't take more than 40 minutes.
Same with my husband too. He got about three speeding tickets in the last 10 yrs and he listed those on the form, but didn't take any documentation like certified court records etc. The officer asked him if he paid the fine
or if its' due and how much was each ticket's fine (approximately). she noted that down. That's it.He was out in about 45 minutes too. If anyone goes with their kids, they take their interview first.

All the best to everyone.

I don't remember all the dates. priority date is Jan17th. Got the finger print letter about 10 days after they received the application. Finger printing was first week of March. Got the interview letter exactly one week after we gave the finger prints.

Thank you very much for that post. Nice to know at least somebody got interviewed at Philly before I go for mine, on June 9th, 2006. We should start a thread on the Philly experience...

Any ideas on the oath ceremony etc? I heard that with July 4th around the corner, most will be sworn in then...

Any other details esp. around selective service etc will be appreciated...

My details:
PD: 3/6/06
FP: 3/25/06
Interview: 6/9/06

Thanks

Any reasons anybody knows of as to why with a PD of early January of 2006, I have not heard anything about interview, whereas people much later than me are going full steam ahead... ?

Thanks

PD - early Jan
FP - mid march
interview - ?

RAsungod,
How did your interview go? When will your Oath be? Appreciate anything you can share with the few Philly people who seem to be out there.

Thanks

Philly Interview experience

The interview was just short of unbelievable, in its ease and my luck in getting one of the nicer officers.
My interview was to be at 9:20 so I went in ~ 8:55 AM, after street parking. I went into the waiting room on the sixth floor, and sat for about an hour when my name was called ou. The officer, an Indian lady, was very nice and polite. At the office I was asked to swear to tell the truth etc., then she meticulously went thru my entire application, and periodically was making notes or checks on her computer.

After making sure that I had not made any other trips other than what I had listed in my N400, and asking whether I had filed taxes each year I was in the USA, as well as verifying that I did not belong to any terrorist organization, she only confirmed what I had answered in the N400.

I offered to show her my IRS tax transcripts and selective services letter, however she waved it all away, although she did make a copy of the selective services letter for my files, I guess.

I got all 10 questions correct, after which she asked me to sign my photographs (full cursive form, no initials) with a black pen.

Then she said Congrats, I will now recommend you for US citizenship, then handed me a sheet of paper N652 with her name and the Approved For Citizenship box checked.

I said Is that all? and she replied that they get 20 minutes for each interviewee, and it is always a surprise for each applicant that such an important matter takes less than 10 minutes.

I asked about the oath, and she said that after a final check (she would not specify) that may take about a month, I should receive my oath letter. I asked about dates for the oath, and she pulled out a sheet, in which were listed dates for the whole year. If I remember right, there were 2 dates for July (July 5 and 20th) and one for August 15. She thought it more likely that I would be able to take the August oath.

I said thank you and we shook hands, then I left the way I came.

This was one of the least painful experiences ever in my life, so I guess some great changes in one's life can happen easily, sometimes.

I will keep the board posted about further developments as they occur.

I really wish Phillyperson would let us know if they received their oath letter and how long it took between interview approval and getting the letter.

Regards

PD: 3/6/06
FP: 3/25/06
Interview: 6/9/06
Oath Letter: ??

Thanks! I also wish there were updates by philly_person; however, there is a post by Rebello: His interview was on May 24 and yesterday he got the letter for the June 27th oath; he is also in Philly.

n400 philadelphia timeline thread

thank you all for the info, I think this is a helpful thread. it helps us assure one another that our documents are being processed according to the "norm". this is particularly good as you can never otherwise get reliable adn relevant info from USCIS.

here's my experience so far -
sent application to VSC
check cashed 10/31
PD 10/26
FP 11/18
I cancelled an earlier planned trip to make it to this FP as the lady in the CIS Philly office told me that I can reschedule by mail but should expect a repsonse in 2 months. this did not seem practical, so tomorrow I will show up for fingerprinting. will keep you guys posted on my timeline.

thanks again for all the helpful tips.