My PD becomes current with June - what should I do next ?

for_ac21

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

First of all congratulations to all of us waiting for over 5 years.
Finally things are looking good.

My big question - how long after a case is current will it take
to get the case approved (485) ? In most of our cases, we
have already filed concurrently and got 140 approved already,
and are on 2nd or 3rd EAD/AP. Done with biometrics already.
Can we expect ours on the 1st of June ?

And also, just wanted to make sure, all of us that will be current next
month ie., June, can be sure of no last minute surprises.

What can be done,

1. Should we start enquiring uscis if everything is alright with our case ?
2. Should we schedule infopass now or next month ?
3. I hear name-check takes time, is that really a common time-taking step ?
4. For those who have applied concurrently few years ago, what next?

Please share your communications with uscis for the benifit of all of us
lucky ones because of June bulletin.

-ac

Keep Praying

Keep praying that the great USCIS will finally approve our cases:)

I have initiated a service request for getting FP notice since my last FP was done more than 22 months ago.

I did a very rigorous follow-up in 2005 when my PD was current by InfoPass appointments with Dallas local office but could not get them to schedule my interview when PD was current.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Dallas - how did you know Name Check was cleared

Hello Dallas - how did you know you Name Check was cleared ?

I have initiated a service request for getting FP notice since my last FP was done more than 22 months ago.

I did a very rigorous follow-up in 2005 when my PD was current by InfoPass appointments with Dallas local office but could not get them to schedule my interview when PD was current.
Is it our headache to request for FP notice. When ur PD was current why did not they approve you?

Is it our headache to request for FP notice. How did you request for FP? Is it a good idea? When ur PD was current why did not they approve you?

Initiate a Service Request

Is it our headache to request for FP notice. How did you request for FP? Is it a good idea? When ur PD was current why did not they approve you?
I initiated a service request for FP by calling the 1-800#.

USCIS is so smart that they will wait for FP results without ever sending FP notice (it happened in my wife's case); They will wait for NameCheck results without even initiating the namecheck process (It happened in my son's case)!

These were the amazing things I discovered during my monthly infopass visits to Dallas district office from December 2004 to September 2005.

The officer who interviewed me did not even know about retrogression and promised me that I would get GC in Oct 2005 when the quota for FY 2006 was supposed to open. I had to educate him saying that the visa bulletin for Oct 2005 which had been released showed retrogression back to 1998!

I initiated a service request for FP by calling the 1-800#.

USCIS is so smart that they will wait for FP results without ever sending FP notice (it happened in my wife's case); They will wait for NameCheck results without even initiating the namecheck process (It happened in my son's case)!

These were the amazing things I discovered during my monthly infopass visits to Dallas district office from December 2004 to September 2005.

The officer who interviewed me did not even know about retrogression and promised me that I would get GC in Oct 2005 when the quota for FY 2006 was supposed to open. I had to educate him saying that the visa bulletin for Oct 2005 which had been released showed retrogression back to 1998!
Thanks Dallas. I guess I should call them tomorrow for FP. Also I will also try to make infopass appointment to find out about namecheck. I am sure they are going to push back PD in July bulletin , so whatever has to happen will happen in June.
Anyone else has FPs not done for around two years?

Thanks Dallas. I guess I should call them tomorrow for FP. Also I will also try to make infopass appointment to find out about namecheck. I am sure they are going to push back PD in July bulletin , so whatever has to happen will happen in June.
Anyone else has FPs not done for around two years?
Dallas, as suggested by you , I places a service request for enquiry on my case. I just hope it does not irritate them or hence no unwanted RFE.

Any June month PD's scheduled InfoPass ?

Hello all June PD current applicants, anyone scheduled InfoPass this month?
It looks like Infopass wont allow beyond current month to schedule one.

Do you see a value in doing that just to make sure everything
is fine, including the namecheck ?

-ac
PD 11/2001
EB3 India

Give it a shot.

Yes, I had been to INFOPASS appointment 4 days back. Unfortunately, I was told that my "Name Check" is pending.

So near but so far............

Definately, there is value in going to INFOPASS atleast one know the status of the application and take appropriate steps if needed.

Good Luck to everyone whose PDs are current.

HTH,

Hello all June PD current applicants, anyone scheduled InfoPass this month?
It looks like Infopass wont allow beyond current month to schedule one.

Do you see a value in doing that just to make sure everything
is fine, including the namecheck ?

-ac
PD 11/2001
EB3 India