My NAME CHECK cleared, GURUS please read on

captainv1234

Registered Users (C)
Hello Everybody,

As most of you would remember, I contacted the FL and received a letter from the FBI saying that my name check is in process (please read my previous posts to familiarize yourself with the case).

At the time I was very sad that I did not get this letter which says the check is cleared...

In the mean time before contacting the FL I also contacted three different senators and four different congressman. Only one congressman and one senator indicated that they will look into the case.

Today, I received a voice mail (yes a voice mail!!) from the senators office which says "Dear ...., FBI has informed us that they have processed your security clearance and send the results to the USCIS headquarters. Now we can expect to see USCIS to go forward and start adjudicating your case. I will call you again once I get the final news"

Now of course this is the only bit of news I have, It may not even be correct (but I am thinking why would the senators office call me?)... There is no LUD yet and I am planning to call TSC on Monday to ask them about it.

I wanted to share this news with you... I am hoping that this mess is over... And one more time I should say that both AKAYAL and Antonio was right. FL does help and even if you get the negative letter from FBI for the first time your case becomes DUST free once an agent looks into it....

So what do you guys suggest doing now?

Hello Everybody,

As most of you would remember, I contacted the FL and received a letter from the FBI saying that my name check is in process (please read my previous posts to familiarize yourself with the case).

At the time I was very sad that I did not get this letter which says the check is cleared...

In the mean time before contacting the FL I also contacted three different senators and four different congressman. Only one congressman and one senator indicated that they will look into the case.

Today, I received a voice mail (yes a voice mail!!) from the senators office which says "Dear ...., FBI has informed us that they have processed your security clearance and send the results to the USCIS headquarters. Now we can expect to see USCIS to go forward and start adjudicating your case. I will call you again once I get the final news"

Now of course this is the only bit of news I have, It may not even be correct (but I am thinking why would the senators office call me?)... There is no LUD yet and I am planning to call TSC on Monday to ask them about it.

I wanted to share this news with you... I am hoping that this mess is over... And one more time I should say that both AKAYAL and Antonio was right. FL does help and even if you get the negative letter from FBI for the first time your case becomes DUST free once an agent looks into it....

Dont you think you should be thanking the Senator instead of FL?

Congrats on the NC clearance. Here's wishing you a speedy rest of the journey.

This is great news!
I would call TSC to find out what is the status now since NC is not a problem anymore!

Hello Everybody,

great news. cheers. we r now both on the same boat. i'm waiting TSC to finalise my application. go after them and open an service request. very happy for you man really!!! You are almost there.

Congrats.

I am in the same boat. Congressman/Senator route is the best source of information on getting the status of YOUR 485 Application.

I would rely on the INFOPASS instead of the POJ trick. Because some times they give you information other times they BS. In Infopass most of the cases they give u the information.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is POJ technique? I tried to call TSC multiple times. My call was getting to TSC representative. I was not sucessful any getting the status single time. Everytime I was told to call FBI or attorney etc. I would appreciate if someone can let me know what is POJ technique. It would really assist lots of us out there.

What is POJ technique? I tried to call TSC multiple times. My call was getting to TSC representative. I was not sucessful any getting the status single time. Everytime I was told to call FBI or attorney etc. I would appreciate if someone can let me know what is POJ technique. It would really assist lots of us out there.

POJ is simply calling the 1-800 number and be able to talk with TSC and not with national cusotmer service. this is POJ trechnic. TSC doesn;t tell u about namecheck. to know about ur NC, take an infopass.

antonioa77,

thanks buddy for quick response! I spoke with some very rude ladies at TSC. They declined to give any information. They even did not care to listen single word.

antonioa77,

thanks buddy for quick response! I spoke with some very rude ladies at TSC. They declined to give any information. They even did not care to listen single word.

it depends on the officer u talk with. keep trying, maybe u will get a nice one otherwise go infopass.

Greetings - I have been waiting for my namecheck to clear since 10/05 . My PD is 10/02 at TSC. Can anyone give me some brief guidelines on what sort of request to send to the Texas Senator to help expedite my namecheck . If I can get a copy of the letter that was sent to the senator , it would be even better. Thanks.

POJ is simply calling the 1-800 number and be able to talk with TSC and not with national cusotmer service. this is POJ trechnic. TSC doesn;t tell u about namecheck. to know about ur NC, take an infopass.

It all depends on the officer. In my case, the officer at TSC was very nice, did confirm that my name check was cleared. (of course at that point, I had also received the letter from the FBI). She also talked to me about FP2.

Try calling Monday morning at 7.30 am - 8.00 am Central Time - that's when probably they are the happiest:) - that's what I did, I have no additional data to back up this theory though:)

My experience with Infopass at Newark was mixed.

Hello Everybody,

Captain,
This is outstanding! Congratulations! You are almost out of the woods. I remember how disappointed you were just a few weeks ago after the letter.
This does lend credence to the theory that regardless of getting the 'in process' letter, the fact that a request goes from the WH to the DoJ might suffice to get the dust lifted off your name check request. I got the exact same letter you did about a week or two later. So, I'll give it another couple of weeks and find out what my name check status is, and if it miraculously clears, then we can state for certain that the theory checks out.
As others have suggested, get a service request in immediately. Moreover, try calling the TSC, although thats a crap shoot. What I'd recommend is to stay with the congressional office to get them involved in the situation, they can contact the service center congressional liaison and get this moving in the right direction. If all goes well, your next jubilant post should be that you got email from CRIS about an approval notice being sent.

Congrats Captainv1234....Hang in there! I am sure you will be getting your approval soon....

I got my 485 approval message today....

Info pass told, name check pending, Customer service says cleared

I went to infopass, a day before second FP notice. the lady did not give much info. she just told, we are working on case and is pending security check. gave FP next, no LUD till date.

So today i called customer service, she told me that there are 2 I140 approved(July 2005,Nov 2002,EB2),which is true and name check is cleared last year in Aug. She also said, case is not assigned to any officer and she is going to write to some body(donot know who), so that they will work on case. Office will work depending on Work load.

In the begining, i asked what is the problem, she directly told, could be stuck in name check. after a min, she checked cases and told the above info. while on phone, it seems, she was checking something

donot know, if the lady really told correct info or not. will call after another week

name check help

hello,
i am stuck in the name check phase.

senator contact has not helped thus far.

i am eb-2 from india, priority dates 2/2002 and i-485 filed in sept 2004.

please advise, also can someone send/link me to the laura bush letter?

please help.

thanks.

Dont you think you should be thanking the Senator instead of FL?

Congrats on the NC clearance. Here's wishing you a speedy rest of the journey.

tsc_eb1or,

you are right I am also thankful to the senator... but I feel that the effective punch is coming from the FL

great news. cheers. we r now both on the same boat. i'm waiting TSC to finalise my application. go after them and open an service request. very happy for you man really!!! You are almost there.

Antonioa,

yes this is very good news I hope both of us get approval soon....

But really I still have not confirmed on the phone that the name check is really cleared. I will call TSC on monday (I want to give them some time).

congrats Captain! Call the TSC using the POJ method to confirm that their system has been updated.

Akayal,

thank you very much. Though I still have not confirmed that the name check is cleared.... The only evidence I have is that I have a voice mail from the senators office saying that FBI processed the name check and send the results to USCIS....

I will call them on monday (TSC by POJ trick) and see whether they can verify it! However, I know that they are not friendly...

In the mean time I have also contacted the VP Cheney and yesterday I got a notice saying that they are contacting DHS and they in return will contact me... So I am thinking if the name check really cleared DHS may push USCIS to approve the case....

Let's see what happens.