Priority Date :March 02 2004
Fingerprint Date: August 13 2004
Interview Date: November 29th 2004
Oath Leter received: December 20th 2004
Oath Date: January 7th 2005

Now l am counting the days!
Hope this helps...

Congrats !

One question - what date did you get the letter inviting you for the Nov 29th interview ? That would help me guestimate when I might get a letter. I applied in May 04.

regards

I received the letter September 20th 2004 informaing me of the November 29th date. If that holds the same, you should be getting your anytime now.
Good luck!

balshoi said:
Received Date: March 02 2004
Priority Date :March 02 2004
Fingerprint Date: August 13 2004
Interview Date: November 29th 2004
Oath Leter received: December 20th 2004
Oath Date: January 7th 2005

Now l am counting the days!
Hope this helps...

I thought atlanta time is still stuck on December 2003.

Does anybody know of any other person who has March PD, and already got his interview notice?

Yalag

What's the latest?

Did anybody else who filed in Jan, Feb, March '04 get an interview notice?

-Ocelot

Atlanta processing time

My priority date is Feb 19 2004
Fingerprints sometime in April 2004
Got the interview letter yesterday(mailed on 28 march)
Interview is on April 19 2005

Hope this info helps people from Atlanta.

-Padma

More dates

Hi all, my husband is applying to be a USC. Application was sent to the Texas Service Center, we're in Atlanta. Here are the relevant dates so far:

Application Received: October 12, 2004
Priority Date: October 15, 2004
Fingerprints: December 18, 2004

So now I guess we wait for a very long time, based on how things have been going for others. We've received no information or communication since having the fingerprints done. Would the next expected step be a letter with an interview date?

My husband was recently laid off, so we really don't have anything keeping us in Atlanta. We're considering moving back to San Diego (where we lived when he was granted permanent residency). Seems like it would be processed faster there. For that matter we could move anywhere in the country- Harlingen Texas seems to have the best processing times with a date of Dec 12, 2004!! Any suggestions?

Thanks!

ahaze

Most cities in Texas are pretty quick.

You must always consider the fact that moving a file may cause other delays. So in total, it isnot so obvious that movingto texas/Colorado/Kensas will necessarily expadite your husband's citizenship...

Is there any particular reason why you are in a rush for his citizenship?

Finally, one must consider the fact that Atlanta is one of the nicest cities in the country...

Good luck,

Yalag

We only moved to Atlanta 3 years ago for his job, and now that he's been laid off we don't particularly want to stay- too expensive, too much traffic, no real friends/family, etc. We don't want to stay here just waiting for his citizenship, especially if it takes a year or more! :eek: We've already been in ATL too long for our tastes :)

If we go somewhere with a fast processing time we aren't tied to living there for very long. We both want to see the country and not be stuck in one place . :D Do you have to be in one location for 3 months before getting naturalized?

ahaze

yalag said:
Most cities in Texas are pretty quick.

You must always consider the fact that moving a file may cause other delays. So in total, it isnot so obvious that movingto texas/Colorado/Kensas will necessarily expadite your husband's citizenship...

Is there any particular reason why you are in a rush for his citizenship?

Finally, one must consider the fact that Atlanta is one of the nicest cities in the country...

Good luck,

Yalag

hi, guys,

My timeline:

PD: late january, 04
FD: March, 04
Interview notice received: early 2/05
Interview: 3/22/05

after seeing PadmaG's post, i think atl processing is moving at roughly the calender speed. PadmaG's PD is about 3 wks after mine. He got his interview notice about 4 wks after me and his interview is about 4 wks after mine. I also know another person who filed 1 wk after me and received interview notice at the same time as mine. So, for those who have been waiting so long at ATL (including myself), the hope is coming. Good luck to everyone.

Congrats dw. Must be nice to be on the tail end of the process. Let us know how it goes!

ahaze,

You must be aresident for three months before you apply. Don't try to circumvent that.

Your case is different, though, since yu have already applied. I think you just give notice of changing address and the USCIS takes care of the rest. You should check for people's experiences with moving. I think there are a number of threads taking that issue.

Good luck andtoo bad you didn't like Atlanta too much. I personally think it is great.

Yalag

Thanks!

padmaG said:
My priority date is Feb 19 2004
Fingerprints sometime in April 2004
Got the interview letter yesterday(mailed on 28 march)
Interview is on April 19 2005

Hope this info helps people from Atlanta.

-Padma

Oh yes! Thanks for the update. There's nothing like word from the front.
We filed May 21, so if it is moving a calendar speed, we should get a notice in three months!

I suppose you meant that it was mailed on 28 Feb, right?

-Ocelot

Processing Dates Updated

Today, the Atlanta DO processing data was updated to January 16, 2004.

This is 10 days advance since the last monthly update.

-Ocelot

Not Received Interview Letter!!

My Receipt Date : Feb 2004
Fingerprint Date: Apr 2004

Have not received interview letter yet, however I know a couple people who had their receipt date and FP date a couple days ahead of me and have received their interview letters a month ago. Also noticed several folks on this thread who have a Mar 2004 receipt date and have received interview letters. How can I find out what the holdup is on my case?

Also I live in Atlanta, so sent my application to Texas Service Center, however on the USCIS website the TSC does not have processing dates for N-400 applications. Will my case be routed to the Atlanta district office?

Thanks,
poursarr

poursarr said:

Have not received interview letter yet, however I know a couple people who had their receipt date and FP date a couple days ahead of me and have received their interview letters a month ago. Also noticed several folks on this thread who have a Mar 2004 receipt date and have received interview letters. How can I find out what the holdup is on my case?

Also I live in Atlanta, so sent my application to Texas Service Center, however on the USCIS website the TSC does not have processing dates for N-400 applications. Will my case be routed to the Atlanta district office?

Thanks,
poursarr
Have you tried calling the 800 number?

Yes, I did. It gives me a standard message that N-400 apps take anywhere from 750-900 days to process.

poursarr said:
Yes, I did. It gives me a standard message that N-400 apps take anywhere from 750-900 days to process.
You need to talk to a representative at that number. They answer calls until 6 PM. If you call from 5:30 to 6:00, you wouldn't have to wait too long (morning wait time is about 30-45 min).

poursarr said:

Thanks,
poursarr

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=7 It lists they are processing N-400 dates with receipt dates of Jan 2004. You should look at the Atlanta DO dates and not TSC dates.