My N-400 application is approved but in reverification stage?

michaelhryu

Registered Users (C)
My wife and I had naturalization interviews on October 31 and passed all the required tests. However, the interview date happened to be 16 days short of our 5 year anniversary of green card. Still, we expected our cases would be approved immediately upon completion of 5 year residency requirement on November 16, judging from the immigrations officers' assurance. As expected, my wife's application was approved on October 23, and her oath letter arrived on October 26, but not mine.

I went to InfoPass on November 25. And I was told that my application was approved but was in reverification stage. What does this mean, please? Do all N-400 approvals have to be reverified by 2nd adjudicator or supervisor? (By the way, USCIS online case status shows that RFE was issued on November 14. This makes me really confused.)

I plan another InfoPass tomorrow (December 1). What options do I have at InfoPass this time? Would I be able to speak to the immigrations officer who interviewed me? Could I also speak to a supervisor if necessary? How should I go about requesting to speak to immigrations officer who has an access to my physical file?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

All approvals normally get reviewed by another IO, a supervisor would only review if there is some clarification required by the interviewing IO. Ignore the RFE status online - This is normal when it has to be reviewed by a supervisor. Just be patient, I am sure it would be OK and you will receive the oath letter too.

michaelhryu,

You can request to speak to the same officer tomorrow. Make sure you have enough time on you incase the officer is busy or it takes time to locate and track him. Why I'm saying this is back in 2008 when my wife had her GC interview, the officer sent us home without making a decision and told us that he is missing a file and that needs to be ordered. Once the file gets to the local DO, he will merge both the files and approve her GC and that could take 10-14 days. We waited a whole month and there was no response. I then decided to make an InfoPass appt. I went there with my wife and I was told that the file was already there and it has been transferred. The officer on the main floor was nice enough to locate the officer who had originally interviewed my wife. After about 20 mins, he asked us to go to the 2nd floor and meet with out officer. The officer took us in his office. Did a quick interview and cleared his doubts and took a red stamp from his drawer and stamped I-551 on her passport and asked us to wait few days to receive GC in the mail. We got the GC in less than a weeks time. It all worked out.

Lesson learnt......It was a good idea to make an infopass apptt and directly speak to the officer face to face to get the results and see where you stand.

Just be confident tomorrow & if it requires, pls involve a supervisor but just don't walk out without anything. Get some answers and results so you exactly know where you stand.

Good luck.

sicce and Atlanta_Brother,

Thank you very much for your heartfelt encouragements and sharing your experience! I do appreciate.

As suggested, I wouldn't just walk out without anything tomorrow!

In fact, I requested to speak to a 2nd level immigrations officer at the last InfoPass. A representative at the InfoPass Window asked me if it had been over 30 days since the interview. When I said no, he refused to honor my request.

Is the 30-day wait an established standard practice in other jurisdictions too? If it is, can anyone point me to the authority, please? Anyways, is there a rule/regulation as to at which point InfoPass customer has a right to speak to immigrations officer who has access to physical files and is able to make certain decisions? Questions, questions, questions....

Please share your tips that have worked well during the InfoPass!

Congratuations to you all, espceailly, whose journey is nearing the end!

I don't agree with Atlanta Brother's comment about insisting to speak with supervisor or interviewing officer - It is unlikely that you will be able to do this without being outside of the normal processing window or having a very unusual set of circumstances. You don't appear to qualify for either.

Just be patient, you should see your status updated within 4 weeks of RFE request ( I would guess it would be before Dec 14th). Supervisor reviews are usually the bottleneck, I think they only do these once a week depending on the office.