• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My local Embassy is a Visa Denier Champion! What should i do??

My friend Simon. Greece is a f*cked up country.
No doubt about that. Just not THAT f*cked up as some people might think. But it's not the proper forum to discuss about it.

Thank you for betting on me. And you will probably win a lot if i get the visa based on my embassy odds;)

But it's not only about me. Its about all the people that are coming. Based on the available stats the Athens Embassy will process about 100 interviews in the next 4 months.
Instead of being professional they say that "due to the peak summer travel season, applicants may experience some delays in the processing of their immigrant visas."

An apart from that they have a cut off rate of 87% in the last three months. Can you believe that? 87%!
Even the Antartica Consulate processing penguins wouldnt have a 87% cut off rate!

Can you please mention another Consulate where these things happen?

What i'm trying to do here is to raise people's awareness, that one of the popular Consulates of Europe treats people extremely unfairly.

As a forum we have 3 options:
a) Do nothing about it
b) Find why all that happens and educate people what to do pass the interview OR
c) Tell people how to transfer their interview to another place

I don't believe that anyone in these forums would vote for (a)... especially you with so many thousands posts... an ofcourse all the other people that spend so much time in here

I'll try to contact people that had an interview in Athens through the Russian Forum that Sloner provided, and see their expiriences.
Any other ideas are welcome...

Agreed about the economy - we'll discuss it here ij the States over a beer once you have your GC!

As for the three options - option b is the right course IMHO. So by all means keep investigating - however, the remaining window of opportunity is small and getting smaller.