My Lawyer pleaded guilty for visa fraud!

waiting4myI-140

:confused:

Read this link about my current lawyer: http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/news/pr2007/032.html

Due to my lawyer's "unavailability" my current law firm have assigned me a different lawyer and wants me to sign documents notifying INS that I'm changing lawyers. I have not signed these documents yet as I would want to know if it would be a good idea to stay with the same law firm despite their lawyer screwing up or should I shop around for a new law firm?

Right now I am waiting to hear about my I-140, (denial or approval). I filed this back in Jan 04, 2007 (date of receipt notice from Nebraska service center) meaning it's been more than 4 months that I have been waiting.

My priority date is Dec 2003, INS is processing cases on or before Aug 2003 (Philippines) which means maybe in a couple of months or so, I will be able to file for I-485. I am concerned that my current lawyer's screw up will affect my I-140.

Also my H1b visa is on it's 6th year on Jan 31, 2008. I heard that the only way to be able to extend my H1b to 1 yr increments is if my i-140 is approved by the time my H1b visa expires on its 6th year. This is about 8 months away.

Any input will be appreciated.

If your original law firm screws you once, why you want to stay with them? Waiting for a second screw?

If the case goes south, you will need a lawyer/firm's committment to standby you. Good luck!

:confused:

Read this link about my current lawyer: http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/cac/news/pr2007/032.html

Due to my lawyer's "unavailability" my current law firm have assigned me a different lawyer and wants me to sign documents notifying INS that I'm changing lawyers. I have not signed these documents yet as I would want to know if it would be a good idea to stay with the same law firm despite their lawyer screwing up or should I shop around for a new law firm?

Right now I am waiting to hear about my I-140, (denial or approval). I filed this back in Jan 04, 2007 (date of receipt notice from Nebraska service center) meaning it's been more than 4 months that I have been waiting.

My priority date is Dec 2003, INS is processing cases on or before Aug 2003 (Philippines) which means maybe in a couple of months or so, I will be able to file for I-485. I am concerned that my current lawyer's screw up will affect my I-140.

Also my H1b visa is on it's 6th year on Jan 31, 2008. I heard that the only way to be able to extend my H1b to 1 yr increments is if my i-140 is approved by the time my H1b visa expires on its 6th year. This is about 8 months away.

Any input will be appreciated.

Your priority date is now current as per June 2007 Visa Bulletin( June 15.2005 for Philippines). You may apply for I-485 adjustment of status in June.

If I were you I would look for another lawyer. Cases under this convicted lawyer might be in very close scrutiny by USCIS.
Just my thought.

Your priority date is now current as per June 2007 Visa Bulletin( June 15.2005 for Philippines). You may apply for I-485 adjustment of status in June.

If I were you I would look for another lawyer. Cases under this convicted lawyer might be in very close scrutiny by USCIS.
Just my thought.

Erratum: Sorry the June 2007 Visa Bulletin for EB-3 is June 01,2005 ..not JUne 15.