My lawyer charges $650 for RFE

My RFE asks for the following:

1. Employment letter for my current employer --

2. Employment letter from my prospective employer who filed from I140 on my behalf.

I don't intend to go back to work for my prospective employer, but I do have their offer. Do I still need to get an employment letter from them?

3. Police clearance from each place I reside for at least 6 months during the past 5 years. ---

The past year is counted from now or the time I filed 485? This is important because I lived in a different state more than 5 years ago.

Thanks,

LCSilence,

This is a straightforward RFE, I would recommend you answer yourself. You can get local police clearances easily (If you haven't comitted any crime hahaha). They see your license have you fill a little form and some charge a small fee.

No need to use the attorney. See, I saved you money.

Where should I go to get the clearance? On the RFE there are list of state police department. Is it ok I just get record from local police department (like county). Would that be sufficient?

thanks

LCSilence said:
Isn't he too greedy?

Yes, He is.

The lawyer fee should include filing forms and responding to RFE.

How about a lawyer rating website to rat out those rotten lawyers? Let's create one I think we need that!

Yes it is. I am in a dilimma. I know he is exploiting me, but at the same time, I don't want to get him too upset to mess up the immigration process. What should I do? Complain to authority after I get my green card?

LCSilence,

If they have given addresses it is better to get it from the address they have given. If you check Canadian immigration sites they also have list of addresses for all the states in US from where you can get police clearances.

I have done it and it is very easy.

Complain to the Bar Association of your state

LCSilence said:
Yes it is. I am in a dilimma. I know he is exploiting me, but at the same time, I don't want to get him too upset to mess up the immigration process. What should I do? Complain to authority after I get my green card?

Just send a complain letter to the Bar Association.
That'll teach Mr. Greedy a lesson