My last month travel to europe experience.

Nimche

Registered Users (C)
I have to let you guys know about my experience visiting Vienna-Austria and Berlin-Gemany, but since I haven't had much time to come here you guys accept my apology.
After getting visa from Austrian embassy, I traveld to vienna to see my wife on 9-15 through Germany. In the visa check point in Germany I did not have any problems and then I went to Vienna for 4 days and then we went to Berling with train(very expenssive) no problems in train at all. then in Germany we stayed for 14 days and then I came back here and my wife went back home.
In LAX, the office told me 5 things all different. First since you are from iran you have to go to that room and they ask you some quesitons and then he said sorry you are not suppose to go and then Let me call another officer, and then he said I dont know I will back in 5 minutes and he said some one is going to interview you here and he was all nervus and he was kind of mid age.

after 20 min of my staying with the guy another officer showed up and he said follow me please, and we went to the next kiosk and he ask me simple question as usuall, where were you and purpose of your trip and all that and he said I hope you and your wife will get together soon and wish me a enjoyable night.
That was it. The guy asked me about my home country if I had a trip there or not.

I hope this willl help you guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimche said:
I have to let you guys know about my experience visiting Vienna-Austria and Berlin-Gemany, but since I haven't had much time to come here you guys accept my apology.
After getting visa from Austrian embassy, I traveld to vienna to see my wife on 9-15 through Germany. In the visa check point in Germany I did not have any problems and then I went to Vienna for 4 days and then we went to Berling with train(very expenssive) no problems in train at all. then in Germany we stayed for 14 days and then I came back here and my wife went back home.
In LAX, the office told me 5 things all different. First since you are from iran you have to go to that room and they ask you some quesitons and then he said sorry you are not suppose to go and then Let me call another officer, and then he said I dont know I will back in 5 minutes and he said some one is going to interview you here and he was all nervus and he was kind of mid age.

after 20 min of my staying with the guy another officer showed up and he said follow me please, and we went to the next kiosk and he ask me simple question as usuall, where were you and purpose of your trip and all that and he said I hope you and your wife will get together soon and wish me a enjoyable night.
That was it. The guy asked me about my home country if I had a trip there or not.

I hope this willl help you guys.

Thank you for sharing Nimche, it really helps.

1. Were all of these inquiries at LAX caused by your display of RTD ?

2. Why didn't you just show them your GC ?

3. Did you have your NP in luggage or bag during the trip just in case for whatever reason ?

4. Do you think if you presented RP at LAX, your entry would be more smoothly ?

5. Is Germany the only Shengen country that offers RTD holders " no visa" entry ?

Thank you.

GrassRoot said:
Thank you for sharing Nimche, it really helps.

1. Were all of these inquiries at LAX caused by your display of RTD ?

2. Why didn't you just show them your GC ?

3. Did you have your NP in luggage or bag during the trip just in case for whatever reason ?

4. Do you think if you presented RP at LAX, your entry would be more smoothly ?

5. Is Germany the only Shengen country that offers RTD holders " no visa" entry ?

Thank you.

1) I have only my Re-Entry permit and GC.
2) I did show them only my GC and RP
3) I had my NP in my travel case but it has been expired since months ago. I have never used it for many years now. I wont renew my pasport anyway because it is not cool to me.
4) The wouldn't care either you have RP or GC or US passport thier job is to give you a hard time.

5) Germany is the only country in Europe for RTD holder which doesn't need visa but I would get a Visa anyway just in case to go other countries.

I still think that, as a GC holder you should apply for RP unless you still now yourself as a Refugee/Asylee. It is like you get you Citizenship and still useing RP because it might be more beneficial to you in certain aspect? Or you dont even beleived that your staus has been changed.

Nimche said:
1) I have only my Re-Entry permit and GC.
2) I did show them only my GC and RP
3) I had my NP in my travel case but it has been expired since months ago. I have never used it for many years now. I wont renew my pasport anyway because it is not cool to me.
4) The wouldn't care either you have RP or GC or US passport thier job is to give you a hard time.

5) Germany is the only country in Europe for RTD holder which doesn't need visa but I would get a Visa anyway just in case to go other countries.

I still think that, as a GC holder you should apply for RP unless you still now yourself as a Refugee/Asylee. It is like you get you Citizenship and still useing RP because it might be more beneficial to you in certain aspect? Or you dont even beleived that your staus has been changed.

Thank you Nimche, your experience is very informative. I think once they swiped your RP or GC then they knew your history and that was why all of those things came out ( Especially " back home" question ).

However I do not understant what you meant by " ..It is like you get you Citizenship and still useing RP because it might be more beneficial to you in certain aspect..." Did you mean once you gain USC status, you can still possess and use RP ? Is RP is a privilege of GC holder only ?

GrassRoot said:
Thank you Nimche, your experience is very informative. I think once they swiped your RP or GC then they knew your history and that was why all of those things came out ( Especially " back home" question ).

However I do not understant what you meant by " ..It is like you get you Citizenship and still useing RP because it might be more beneficial to you in certain aspect..." Did you mean once you gain USC status, you can still possess and use RP ? Is RP is a privilege of GC holder only ?

I believe when you become a USC, they take away your GC so you can't get a RP....they take it away at the oath or interview?

wantmygcnow said:
I believe when you become a USC, they take away your GC so you can't get a RP....they take it away at the oath or interview?
What I was meant is when you get your GC you are no longer a refugee or asylee. you are a Permenant Resident so you have to act like one not applying for RTD which means you believe that you are an Asylee even if it is beneficial to you.(personal opinion)

That is why I won't renew my passport because I believe If you told them that you have problems with your county of born and claim yourself as a Refugee and ask this Government(The US) to protect you against anything, at least you should respect yourself and the rules of this country. You can't fool yourself.
Something which is really crazy here, people can not judge their actions. They ask if it is OK or not to go back to the country of persecution. If someone says it is OK they want to do it, if someone do it the rest think it is OK . Being scared from the day of your Citizenship interview is the only stop sign for their action. Rules are rules for everyone, respecting to rules is respecting to yourself and other people. If I am stuck in a long waiting line to bring my wife here it is because many people broke the rules and try to be smart enough to screw other people. It means being disrespectful to others.

Due to respect to all friends in this Forum, written words above are not pointing to anyone and it is a general statment. Please dont take it personlly.

Regards,

wantmygcnow said:

That is correct wantmygcnow. GCs must be surrendered - along with any valid Re-entry Permits or RTDs at the oath ceremony. An individual will not be given their Certificate of Naturalization without surrendering his/her GC.

Regards.

not only germany

last year before travelling I inquired with about 50 (or less) embassies on whether or not they want visa for RTD. I posted the results in a thread here somewhere. It is both Germany and Ireland who do not require a visa for up to 90 day stay.

ian

ianyu said:
last year before travelling I inquired with about 50 (or less) embassies on whether or not they want visa for RTD. I posted the results in a thread here somewhere. It is both Germany and Ireland who do not require a visa for up to 90 day stay.

ian

How about RP ? Any country does not need visa for RP holder ? Does your previous posting also include countries that accept RP or RTD ?

Thanks,

GrassRoot said:
How about RP ? Any country does not need visa for RP holder ? Does your previous posting also include countries that accept RP or RTD ?

Thanks,

Refer to this website, Switzerland is one of the Countries which does not requiered a visa for US Green Card holder.

http://www.traveldocs.com/ch/er.htm

I hope this will help.