My journey is finally over after 19 years 11 months 24 days

Omarx

Registered Users (C)
After 19 years 11 months and 24 days my journey is finally over. I remember when Akbari at immigration.com forum wrote about his 19 years of journey in Feb 2008. I finally saw someone as old timer as me and had some hope for myself. The Journey began in 1988 when I started Elementary School. Being a kid I did not know about the complicated US immigration system. I just wanted to continue studying on my F1. Little did I know about all the obstacles I would have to face. I have seen many faces of life as a kid, a teenager and finally an adult.

For those who have been waiting patiently for years, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Be patient and you will be there one day.

After 19 years 11 months and 24 days my journey is finally over. I remember when Akbari at immigration.com forum wrote about his 19 years of journey in Feb 2008. I finally saw someone as old timer as me and had some hope for myself. The Journey began in 1988 when I started Elementary School. Being a kid I did not know about the complicated US immigration system. I just wanted to continue studying on my F1. Little did I know about all the obstacles I would have to face. I have seen many faces of life as a kid, a teenager and finally an adult.

For those who have been waiting patiently for years, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Be patient and you will be there one day.

Did it approved today. this means yours first EB3 to be approved from Oct visa bulletin ??

Congratulations

Omarx,
I really admire your patience...Congratulations to you.

Did it approved today. this means yours first EB3 to be approved from Oct visa bulletin ??

I got the e-mail from my company attorney. I don't know whether they have received this inside info from USCIS or not but it's approved. Maybe they will officially approve it on Oct 1, 2008. I would only know when I have the physical card.

First of all ..congratulations !!

Would you let us know which country you are from ?

How?

First of all congats for being green.

But how come its 19 years of waiting journey when your priority date is Oct 2002? :confused::confused:

Alot of folks here are waiting with earlier PD than yours.

EB2 visa dates and hope..?

19 years living in the US (starting in elementary school, as mentioned above), not 19 years in the GC process.

Hi Jackolantern,
It seems from forums reading in couple of places that you are one of the expert guys in this forum.

I would apprectiate if you could advise from what you know:

my PD is 12/2004, EB2 India, i485 -- RD: 07/02/07, ND: 08/10/07, today was the last day for any chance to be approved but nothing happened. what do you think about Nov and Dec visa bulletin, the date would move forward from 2003 ...?

I sent letters to US senators (represeneting corresponding state) actually very late, just one week ago, nothing new happened, is it effective to send letters to senators showing valid urgent reason with all supporting docs...?

please advise.

Thanks a lot.

seeklabor.

It is surprise to me. EB 3 is unavailable during Sept 2008. No one can approve or not give assurance for approve when category is Unavailable. I think, it is your Attorney's prediction that it is going to approve. Did you received approval email or your online status shows approval?

I got the e-mail from my company attorney. I don't know whether they have received this inside info from USCIS or not but it's approved. Maybe they will officially approve it on Oct 1, 2008. I would only know when I have the physical card.

Every quarter, EB2 India gets around 725 visa. First three quarters of FY 2009 will have 2175 visa, which I believe not enough to push EB2/India cut off date out of 2004 mark or in a good case it will see mid 2004.
After third quarter, If lot of unused visas available from EB1 category, it will vertically down fall to EB2. If EB2 ROW has not enough demand, these visa will go to EB2 India/Chiana. As a result, in order to avoid waste, DOS significantly move forward cut off dates in last quarters (May be 2007).
Don't expect any thing before last quarter of FY 2009 (July, Aug, Sep 2009).
Even at that time, If you are unlucky, your file could be left on side and lazy USCIS will approve recent cases with PD 2007. Old files have lot of dust over it and USCIS don't like to remove dust and picking fresh files!!!!
Good luck

Hi Jackolantern,
It seems from forums reading in couple of places that you are one of the expert guys in this forum.

I would apprectiate if you could advise from what you know:

my PD is 12/2004, EB2 India, i485 -- RD: 07/02/07, ND: 08/10/07, today was the last day for any chance to be approved but nothing happened. what do you think about Nov and Dec visa bulletin, the date would move forward from 2003 ...?

I sent letters to US senators (represeneting corresponding state) actually very late, just one week ago, nothing new happened, is it effective to send letters to senators showing valid urgent reason with all supporting docs...?

please advise.

Thanks a lot.

seeklabor.

USCIS is crazy and random. Your guess is as good as mine. I stopped speculating on priority dates long ago.

EB2 visa numbers and hope

Thanks khodalmd and jackolantern for your answers and some analysis,
that would help realistically think and keep hoping.

best wishes.

seeklabor.