My journey is complete! (Denver)

CO-Sunshine

Registered Users (C)
I attended my Oath Ceremony yesterday, along with 282 people from 68 different countries. A lovely ceremony, quite touching at times.

I sat next to a young man from Korea - it took him 4 years to complete the naturalization process, 2 1/2 of those years he was stuck in "name check" so he was very relieved to have the process over and done with. On my other side was a British lady, it took her 11 years from start to finish, but I think that includes time involved for visas, etc.

When we were done we had the opportunity to register to vote and to get a passport right there.

I'm so happy! :D

Now just waiting to hear more info on my DH, hopefully we hear something soon!

Congratulations. You seem to have had a smooth and short sailing unlike your husband who is still waiting to be interviewed.

Do you mind telling us whether he has been notified about the reason for his "exception"?

What is Exception ?

How do I know that it is 'Exception' by looking into the Receipt Notice ?

It appears in the I-797C NOA. "The above application has been received by our office...with exception...will notify you on what documents are needed at time of interview".

Depends on whether you answered yes on any of the moral character questions, too many travel abroad.

takshila,

Thanks! :D

My husband had traffic tickets and so we marked 3 parts of the "Good moral" questions with a YES. Apparently you get the "exception" note if you marked YES to any of those questions, even though we don't need further documentation. They have not followed that up with requiring any extra documents.

My hubby is stuck in name check at this stage, hopefully he'll be released soon and can complete his journey!

congratulations..

mine is same area/region/city..

my interview was done/passed etc on June 18th and still haven't received oath letter..not sure if they have only one ceremony a month or multiple..I hope it will be in the next batch..

also regarding ur statement
"When we were done we had the opportunity to register to vote and to get a passport right there"

can u clarify please, were they issuing the passports or just taking filled in applications? if applications, what all the stuff u took or needed (sorry, haven't looked into the whole passport thing yet)

Thanks and congratulations again..

Thanks netzero! I hope you get your oath letter soon. I did want to ask how many ceremonies they had, but didn't get the chance to.

Sorry, yes, I should have said they were taking applications for passports, not *getting* passports.

To apply for a passport, you'll need:

* Proof of US citizenship (the certificate you'll get)
* Proof of identity (can use the naturalization cert for this too)
* Two recent color photos (they had a booth there where you could get that done, not sure what the fee was, at Costco you can get passport photos for $4.99
* And then either cash or a check to pay the passport fees, which is $97, you can't use a credit/debit card.

We didn't hang around to get the passport done, since there was quite a line. You can pick up an application before the ceremony and then fill it out while you're waiting. Or else you will also get an application when you get your nat. cert.

Good luck!