My Interview yesterday!

PP4U

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday, I had my citizenship interview. After driving about 45 minutes from my home to D.O., I got there 30 minutes earlier. I wanted to go a little bit earlier just to find a place to park my car and not be rushing or have any inconvenience with delays unnecessary. I had with me all the paperwork plus the interview letter and I was ready for the great moment. There were not too many people with me in the waiting room. Ten minutes after my appointment, an officer opened the door and called my name. As my wife is a staying at home mom, and therefore, doesn’t need to take a day off, I took her and daughter with me because regardless the final decision of the officer, (i.e. name still pending) we had plans to hang out and celebrate in town the end of this entire process of waiting. Ok, back to my story, the officer invited me to his office and the first thing he asked me was to rise my right hand and under the oath tell him the truth. After the initial formality, I sat down and them he gave me a white sheet with 10 civic questions and he asked me to write the following sentence: “ United Sates is a great place to live” I answered the 10 multiple choice questions ( I got all them right J ) and he said it my test was great!

The first and next question and at this time looking at the N400, was my full name, my current address and he asked me item by item from the form N400. I want to point out that he office was extremely nice, professional and polite. The interview was very smotth and basically lasted around 10 minutes. The officer saw that my marriage is a completely bona fide relationship – almost 6 years and not for immigration purposes. After checking the entire form, he gave me the N-652 Naturalization Interview Results and it says:

“You passed the test of English and U.S. history and government” :)

And he checked the item:

“Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval……” :D

and the the best of all was when the officer said to me:

“ Friday, January 27, will be oath ceremony.” :eek:

I have two sheets ( one copy is mine) and I have to fill out on the day of the ceremony if anything happened to me between the interview and the ceremony.

My immigration journey is almost over. I want to thank you everyone for support and for your wise answers. For all others member who are still waiting or will start your process very soon, I wish all the best and good luck!!!

My timeline:
September 2005 –N400 sent to Nebraska.
January 2006 – Oath ceremony.

Total of day since when I arrived in the US as a LPR to the final oath ceremony: (My Green Card was gotten through DCF)

May of 2002 to January of 2006 : 1344 days!

That’s my story. I wish good luck to all !!!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
brb2 said:
Congratulations on a very smooth and quick process!

What was your DO?

Thank you. Yes I must agree. It was a very quick process comparing to some stories I've read here. My DO is Milwaukee, WI.

Just two days to go until the oath ceremony - WOW!

I'm thrilled that your citizenship journey is almost over, and I'll be thinking of you on Friday! :D

Congrats, and good luck.

You said " he asked me item by item from the form N400 " was that like a yes and no or you have to memorize all the information you put in the N400 ?

Thanks

homeschoolmum said:
Just two days to go until the oath ceremony - WOW!

YESSSS! WOW! It amazing how everything went well and I would consider myself very luck and blessed with this entire process.

homeschoolmum said:
...I'm thrilled that your citizenship journey is almost over, and I'll be thinking of you on Friday! :D

Thank you. Speaking of that, I believe that the power of positive thought is very important for anything in this life. Think positive and your case will be smooth and fast. That's what I did. :)

foreverafter said:
Congrats, and good luck.

You said " he asked me item by item from the form N400 " was that like a yes and no or you have to memorize all the information you put in the N400 ?

Thanks

Thank you. Regarding your question, actually, you're right. All those questions "yes" or "no", the office picked just very few. But the rest, he went through every single question.

Interview Question

Congrats PP4U. My DO is also Milwaukee. I have completed my FP and waiting for my interview letter. Could you tell me if they checked your tax returns or any other supporting document like marraige certificate/employment letter what they reviewed your N400? I would like to keep all supporting documents ready before the interview. Any pointers from you would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Packer_fan

packer_fan said:
Congrats PP4U. My DO is also Milwaukee. I have completed my FP and waiting for my interview letter. Could you tell me if they checked your tax returns or any other supporting document like marraige certificate/employment letter what they reviewed your N400? I would like to keep all supporting documents ready before the interview. Any pointers from you would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Packer_fan

this is a good thread for what documents you might need for your interview.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=197782

Rahul Kumar said:

Thank you!

packer_fan said:

Thanks,
Packer_fan

I guess we belong to the lucky group having Milwaukee DO as the bereau that is handling our cases. It is one the fastest DO ever seen! Could you image a N400 process has been completed in 4 months and 14 days?

Answering your question, yes, the officer asked me copy of the last two tax returns ( he kept them) However, copy of marriage certificate was not asked. Also, I showed a document stating the new comany's name after merging. An important tip: Take ALL the documents that you have with you for the interview. I did and 99% was not needed but we never know, right?

Good luck and soon you will be in that building again in Milwaukee ( the interview is on the 2nd floor) waing for the office call your name! :)

By the way, PP4u is a nick based on the inital or my first name + P of "Packers" and the #4 of Brett Favre :)

Thanks for the link OCWorker.

Thanks for the useful tips, PP4U. I am also looking forward to getting the interview letter soon. I have one more question. Did you take notarized copies of your tax returns or did you take the tax transcripts from IRS (I think it is form 1722)? Did you also take a proof of employment letter from your current employer?

Good to meet another Brett Favre fan. Looking forward to his return next year.

Thanks,
Packer_fan

Thinking of you on your special day!!!

PP4U,

Well, how did the oath ceremony go today?

We want to hear all about it!!!

How does it feel to be an American Citizen at last? :D

homeschoolmum said:
PP4U,

Well, how did the oath ceremony go today?

We want to hear all about it!!!

How does it feel to be an American Citizen at last? :D

I feel GREAT! My last step of immigration journey is done and I am now a pround American citizen!! I had my oath ceremony yesterday at Milwaukee Courthouse at E. Wisconsin Ave. and it was wonderful!. We were only 39 new citizens from many countries ( maybe that's the reason why the Milwaukee DO is one of the fastest immigration DO because honestly, I dont think 39 applications are too many). The judge was nice,the ceremony was smooth with a cool judge! Besides my naturalizon title, I got a message from the President, congratulatin us for this step in our lives. Take your camera and camcorder for this unforgettable and unique moment. I took mine and I've attached a picture of my ceremony.

I wish good luck for all!

God Bless America!!

PP4U said:
I feel GREAT! My last step of immigration journey is done and I am now a pround American citizen!! I had my oath ceremony yesterday at Milwaukee Courthouse at E. Wisconsin Ave. and it was wonderful!. We were only 39 new citizens from many countries ( maybe that's the reason why the Milwaukee DO is one of the fastest immigration DO because honestly, I dont think 39 applications are too many). The judge was nice,the ceremony was smooth with a cool judge! Besides my naturalizon title, I got a message from the President, congratulatin us for this step in our lives. Take your camera and camcorder for this unforgettable and unique moment. I took mine and I've attached a picture of my ceremony.

I wish good luck for all!

God Bless America!!

What a wonderful day it must have been for you and your family!!! :D

The picture is beautiful. It was a bit small, so I saved it, then magnified it a bit to see the detail. In my own oath ceremony letter, it specifically stated that no cameras were allowed, so I was unable to take a photo of the big day inside the courthouse. I was very disappointed, as I'm a photography buff, and take pictures of EVERYTHING!! :(

CONGRATULATIONS, my friend!!!! It's a great feeling to finally be an American Citizen, isn't it? :)

Last edited by a moderator: