My interview today

poongunranar
I recieved the same update from ADO on saturday ie 10/23/2004. Actually every thing was same in my update with the only difference being they said they were processing August as opposed to September. This was in response to my telephone enquiry couple of weeks ago. Anyway I have a Infopas appointment on Friday ie 10/29/2004 lets see what reason I get from ADO for not even sending me a Finger Printing notice since my ND is 29th April 2002.

Pramod_Atlanta

So, you mean, you also had the same option checked? Also, were any other options checked too? Please do post your update after your 10/29/2004 Infopass appointment. They had also sent me a notice regarding Address Change. However, I haven't changed address close to two years now. Did you get it as well?

You are right I also had the same option checked (and all other options were left unchecked). Also they attached a notice regarding address change saying I requested for it and I should send AR11 form to them. As a matter of fact all I wanted to know is my 485 status and NEVER asked for address change and also have not moved in last 3 + years. I am planning to ask this question also to them in my Infopas appointment. Yes I will definitely update you immediately after my appointment. I am just concerned that they should not mess up my 485 thinking I have moved to a new location.

My only doubt is when I talked to the ADO Representative couple of weeks back and while I was giving her my address I said my zip code is 30080 and when she looked it up my city was SMYRNA but my address for 485 says ATLANTA. I get all the letters and never had any problem. My guess is she forwarded a address change thinking that I need to change my city from SMYRNA to ATLANTA. Anyway I will clarify this in the Inforpas appointment.

Pramod_Atlanta

30080 is Smyrna only and it seems like you are just next door to me :). Don't worry about this address change thing. They routinely do send that letter as a practice. In fact, if you read it fully you will see a caveat that asks you to ignore it, if it is not applicable to you. I won't bother, if I wouldn't have changed residences in the past. If your zip is 30080, you should not try to have your city as Atlanta. While most zips like 3006X belong to Marietta, most zips like 3008X belong to Smyrna.

I did my Inforpass Inquiry

well,
I went to ADO for my infopass appointment. The lady officer I talked to was not very polite initially, she kept on saying she does not know why my case is being held up when they were processing cases which are 4 to 5 months behind me. Then she said I could fill a form to make an enquiry (same one which we could make using their 800 number) for my case. I filled
up the form and went back to her. This time she was a bit cheerfull, explaining me about different stacks of files in their office and my file is supposedly in a stack which is prety soon going to be "PICKED" up for processing. And to my surprise she also gave me and my wife Fingerprint Appointment Notice. In the notice she left the date colunm blank for us to fill
in saying we could go there any day we want, and said this way we could be "AHEAD OF THE GAME". She also told me that most likely the processing officer will also send me another Finger Printing Notice , she asked to mail the
receipt of the finger printing whenever I get it done so that the officer knows I have done my FP.

And now on I was told the only thing I could do is to WAIT !!!.
What a surprise ... I have been doing just that for almost 5 years now.

Long story short I have got Finger Print Notice, With no clue on when my case will be picked for processing ....

Thanks
Pramod_Atlanta.

Pramod_Atlanta

Don't worry dude. I also got the same answer. She told me, "Everything looks good and all that needs is a little bit more patience." When I told her that I had already given my fingerprints, all that she told me was, "the very fact that you received finger prints means that somebody is having your file. Soon, you will get your interview." Since then 25 days have passed and yet an eerie silence continues.

Keep me posted and I will keep you posted as well. I don't know what is wrong with Atlanta with "selective amnesia" ruling their minds. Hope they call us soon.

poongunranar said:
Don't worry dude. I also got the same answer. She told me, "Everything looks good and all that needs is a little bit more patience." When I told her that I had already given my fingerprints, all that she told me was, "the very fact that you received finger prints means that somebody is having your file. Soon, you will get your interview." Since then 25 days have passed and yet an eerie silence continues.

Keep me posted and I will keep you posted as well. I don't know what is wrong with Atlanta with "selective amnesia" ruling their minds. Hope they call us soon.

poongunranar/pramod_atlanta,

Hopefully both of you should get interview notices soon. My RD is end of Oct 2002 and I got Interview notice for 2nd week of Dec. I will be going for FP in 1st week of Nov. It looks like they are picking up Oct/Nov 2002 cases. Yours should have been picked up by now.

Pramod_Atlanta & RSK1

RSK1 - Thanks for your wishes. All the best for your impending interview. Please do post your experiences.

Pramod_Atlanta - Please check your private messages regularly and keep me posted if there are any updates at your end. Status quo continues in my case.

poongunranar & RSK1

RSK1 - Thanks for the hope you are giving us, Anyway I hope your Interview goes smoothly and you get your passport stamped immediately.

poongunranar - I got my figerprinting done today. In the mean time my lawyer did an enquiry through her sources in ADO, it seems my case is with a Officer. Lets hope for the best. I will be on vacation (goint to India) for the whole month of December 04, If anything comes at that time I will not know.

Does anybody know why INFOPASS does not have any appointment time available for ADO ?.

Pramod.

Pramod_Atlanta

Thanks for the info. Try InfoPass appointments during various times of the day, especially after business-hours. You will be able to schedule one.

May I ask who your attorney is? You can either post it here or through PM, if you want.

My Advance Parole got approved by ADO !!! TWICE !!!!!!

poongunranar,
Remember a couple of weeks ago I had told you that I had to go to ADO to get my Advance Parole. This was filed in March 2004 when
my case was in TSC. And last month when I went there the officer gave me my Advance Parole then and there. Last Friday ADO
actually approved my ADVACE PAROLE which I originally applied in March 2004 and sent me a approved copy. so now I have
two advace paroles !!!. I guess they have finally decided to open my file.

I have couple of questions for you. Last time when I went to Infopass Appointment the officer told me to get finger print done and
mail the reciepts to ADO , I have the Address but I forgot to ask her who and/or which department do I address it to ?. Also
how do I find out if the FBI has approved my Finger Print and sent it to ADO (I got my finger Printing done on 3rd November 04).

Thanks
Pramod

Pramod_Atlanta

I wish your hope is fructified. However, in my case, TSC had transferred my AP in 07/2004 to ADO for interview and ADO did nothing but bungle on it. When I initiated a query at the 1-800 number after the date got past beyond the processing date for AP, ADO silently mailed me an approved AP in 08/2004. Now, I also thought that they may have touched my file, which they didn't. Later, I came to know that ADO just goes ahead and approves AP if it finds that a case is pending with it. So, I walk to ADO on an Infopass Appointment in 09/2004 and after about 5 days, I got my FP notice. I thought, "Wow. So my walk wasn't in vain." However, it was an anti-climax when I came to know that I merely got a FP but no Interview notice.

So, while I share your hope regarding your AP approval, I am just not sure if you can expect an interview notice merely because of that. Of course, you can always get an Interview notice by happenstance. So, keep your fingers crossed.

You may need to send your FP receipt as per the Infopass officer to USINS ADJUDICATIONS UNIT - EXAMINATIONS SECTION.

Re, finger-print verification with FBI, please get the needed information from here: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=145714

Hope this helps.

Pramod_Atlanta

Went on an Infopass appointment today and had the same response. "Everything looks good and as soon as the review of the file is over, it will be scheduled for an interview. Until then you need to wait." And hence the wait continues. :)

My I-485 has been transfer to ADO on May18, 2004 after approval pf I-140. My finger print will expire in next month. Looks like I have to wait and watch long period of time............
Also, I heard that ADO has new department just for work on back log cases.... Hugh?

Some progress in my case

I got interview notice for myself and wife. Interview is scheduled on 18th Junuary. I got the notice on 2nd December 2004, But I only came to know about it now since I was gone on vacation for the whole month of December 2004.

I will update you guys if there is further development.

RD/ND April-2002
TD June-2004

Pramod.

Question on Medical Examination.

poongunranar,
In my interview notice I have been asked to provide Medical Examination and Vaccination report. I have already provided this when I filed for 485. Do I have to do Medical again ? Any idea ?

Thanks
Pramod.

Pramod_Atlanta said:
poongunranar,
In my interview notice I have been asked to provide Medical Examination and Vaccination report. I have already provided this when I filed for 485. Do I have to do Medical again ? Any idea ?

Thanks
Pramod.

Pramod,
Is medical exam/ vaccination report checked marked in interview notice or this is part of attached standard list of documents? If its part of list of doc then you can ignore this. All medical reports are valid until 12/31/05 unless specifically asked for.

Pramod_Atlanta

First of all, Congratulations, friend. RSK1 has already answered your question and keep us all posted. Good luck and am very happy that you are now able to see the end of the tunnel.l :)

Thank You

RSK1,
Thanks for the response.
You are right, It was just a standard list , I will Ignore this for now.

poongunranar
Thanks for the good wishes, I hope you see the end of tunnel soon too. I will post you as soon as I get some feedback.

Pramod.