My interview experience

Raashi

Registered Users (C)
Hello. I had my AOS interview today at 8:15 AM. Everything went smooth. The interview lasted not more than 15 minutes. The interviewer called us. Swore us in. Then asked for our Ids (We gave driver's liscence). Then she asked for my passport , I -94 and birth certificate. I gave that. She looked at it and wrote something in the copy of the birth certificate I has mailed. She kept the i-94 with her. Then she asked for other documents (my husband's birth certificate, his passport, his pay stubs, our marriage certificate) and did took notes for these. She said she liked our marriage certificate as it looked very different from the US ones (It is an Indian certificate with a big wedding photo). Then she asked the 'Yes,No' questions in the form and said these are easy and quick. I said 'No' for all the answers and she took notes as I spoke. Then she asked if we wanted to give any other documents... we gave photos and new bank and CC stantements. She looked through some photos.. made some sweet comments and kept some photos.

Then she told us that she is approving my application and gave us the letter about removing 'conditional status' in about 2 years.

I asked her if she would stamp my passport but she refused saying that GC will arrive in mail soon and there is no need for the stamp. I told her that I need to travel in a weeks time... but she insisted that the GC will arrive in 3 days time. She did not stamp. And she also told me not to travel without the GC now.. as that will mean that i am abandoning my permanent resident status.

I came home and checked my status online. It says the card production has been ordered.

I have referred to posts in this forum often during my app process. I want to thank all of you for your help and for this forum.

One question- She kept my i-94. Is this normal? I need to travel in a weeks time and I guess I cannot do that with the i-94.What should i do... just wait or try to go to Infopass and get a stamp? Do they stamp .. what docs do they need for that? I am planning to go for my sister's wedding and will hate to miss it coz of this :(

Thanks,
Raashi

It is normal for her to have kept the I-94. And... they are NOT going to get you a GC in 3 days... a week, maybe, but not 3 days.

You can make an infopass to your DO and request the stamp. All you need is your passport and the I-485 receipt and that letter about removing your conditions.

Thanks for your reply.

Not a cuban.

Have taken an infopass appointment for tomorrow. I hope they stamp.

Raashi.

Stamping

Hi. I will collate and post my timeline this evening.

I went to the infopass appointment today for stamping. The officer there refused to stamp saying that the status in the mainframe computers has not been updated. She said the status is updated in the local Miami systems... but not in the main .. mainframe systems. So she cannot stamp my passport. She also said she has no idea when it will be updated .. and it can take long.

I did take my airline tickets and the other docs. I explained to her that it is important for me to travel. But she said that I just must wait. :(

I do not know what are my options now. If waiting is only option... What is the typical time you have seen between approval in interview and arrival of card in mail?

(My travel date is Nov 4th :( )

Thanks,

Raashi