My interview experience in SF

caviar

Registered Users (C)
I took my interview yesterday and it didn't turn out very too well. I passed all the tests, they were piece of cake. At the end the guy asked me to provide a ton of documents such as proof that I paid my speeding ticket, credit card statements for the last few months, bank statements, payroll, birth certificate, and a lot of other stuff I had with me. The guy didn't care that I brought some of the docs with me. He asked me to send everything within a month. I already requested the docs I missed but why did the guy ask me all these stuff without prior notification? Some here haven't been asked anything. So instead of walking out with an oath ceremony appointement, I left with a list of docs I need to gather quickly and send before they make a decision. Any similar experience?

caviar said:
I took my interview yesterday and it didn't turn out very too well. I passed all the tests, they were piece of cake. At the end the guy asked me to provide a ton of documents such as proof that I paid my speeding ticket, credit card statements for the last few months, bank statements, payroll, birth certificate, and a lot of other stuff I had with me. The guy didn't care that I brought some of the docs with me. He asked me to send everything within a month. I already requested the docs I missed but why did the guy ask me all these stuff without prior notification? Some here haven't been asked anything. So instead of walking out with an oath ceremony appointement, I left with a list of docs I need to gather quickly and send before they make a decision. Any similar experience?

On what bases did you apply for Citizenship ? and what is your timeline ?

caviar, It's so weird, what happened to you. Hopefully when you send in the requested documents everything goes fine and works out alright. Was there any exception to your case? Did you somehow indicate that you had so many documents with you, or did the officer ask for you first? It sounds crazy that he wouldn't accept them directly but rather have you mail them! :confused:

foreverafter, I notice from your timeline that your interview got desheduled in March and it's almost 4 months since, and you haven't got your second interview notice??!! :confused:

Do not worry,
I had my interview at Oakland, the officer ask me for tons of documents I did not bring with me. Those documents were not required on my interview letter.
Anyway I sent all of them and within 2 weeks I received my oath ceremony letter.

Are transcripts of tax returns a must or the photocopy of the tax returns(Fed and State) would suffice? Also am not sure how to go about getting CA state tax transcript.

caviar said:
Also how can I get a transcript of Californian tax return?
Hello, sorry 2 hear abt ur dilemma.. call 1.800.829.1040 or www.irs.gov, download form 4506-T. U can either call which is much faster (will revceive transcript within 2-5 business days) or mail the form in to the address listed on the form and wait 14 days 2 get it...

It took me a couple of weeks to gather all the documents. I sent them to the INS and 2 days later I received a call notifying me that my application was approved. I am now schedule for oath. This is probably my last message on this forum. Good luck to everyone!