My interview experience in Dallas

memo76

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone.I just wanted to share my experience with this forum with regard to my case.
Filed N-400 08-14-06
Received confirmation letter 09-07-06:)
Received interview letter 02-16-07:)
Interview date 04-16-07:D
Oath date 05-22-07:D

My interview was scheduled for 04-16-07 @ 1 p.m.
The letter stated not arrive less than 30 minutes before interview.
I arrived @ 3010 N Stemmons Frwy @ 12:25p.m.,left everything tha was not needed or that was made out of metal,including my cellphone in the car.Proceded to the entrance,handed my interview letter to the IO.He stamped the letter,asked me to empty everything from my pockets,put it in a container sent it thru a metal detector,asked me to walk thru a metal detector,returned everything that I had removed.IO handed me back my interview letter and ask me to place in a slot in door number 2.I did what IO asked me to do and waited and waited and waited.I noticed that a lot of people bring what seemed to me their whole family,even when in the letter they ask you not to_Oh my people!I'm hispanic and most of them where too!
At around 2 p.m.,a nice afro-american lady my interviewing IO, called my name,my interview at last!IO asked me into her office,introduced herself and ask me to raise my right hand and ask me to promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god,and I responded,yes I do.She ask me if everything in the application was correct.I responded that I had made a couple of mistakes,one with the travel dates outside the country and the other with the month on the birthdate of one of my sons.She was very polite and made the changes without any questions.She asked me for my GC,DL,proof of Selective Service registration and passport which I did not have.I explained to the IO lady that have lost it many years back.She proceeded to ask questions about being arrested before, belonging or being a member of clubs,organizations.I answered no to all the questions and she asked me if I was willing to bear arms and defend the constitution of the United States of America,to which I replied yes I do.History questions were as follows:
Who was the first president of the United States of America A.George Washington.
What country did we fight during the revolutionary war A.Great Brittain
What is the constitution A.The supreme law of the land
What was the name of the ship that brought the pilgrims to America A.The Mayflower.
The IO handed me a piece of paper and asked me to write the following sentence.I want to become a United States citizen,at this time my anxiety had set in and I wrote,I want to became a US citizen.Like I said the IO lady was very sweet and polite and she laughed and said to me smiling and reading my grammatical mistake.She said,not became and not US.Listen again.I want to become a United States citizen.I started laughing realizing my mistake and wrote the sentence correctly this time.She asked if I had my passport photos with me to which I reply yes and handed the photos to her.She asked me to write my full name on the right side of each photo.
She complemented on how good I look for my age(45) and also at the same time asked me,you have seven children and the oldest one is 29! !I explained to her that I was a father at 16@17@18 and that I had 2 kids out of wedlock when I was between marriages(married twice)and 2 stepsons.I also mentioned to the IO lady that my two oldest sons served in the military.My oldest in the navy and my third son in the marines.To this she replied ,you should be very proud of your sons!To that I replied,I am proud,very proud.After this she said to me congratulations I'm going to recommend that your application be aproved.She handed me a document with the date of the naturalization ceremony and other information.We shook hands,I thanked her for being so kind and polite,to which she replied,it was my pleasure,you should have done this a long time ago!I've had my GC for 24 years.
The naturalization ceremony will be @ The Plano Civic Center May 22 @9 am.
Thank's to everybody that has contributed to this forum,reading some of the posts helped me a great deal!See you at the ceremony...bye.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you MissMolina!

For some reason I'm not surprised to hear from you.You have been of great help to me,I've read many of your posts in this forum....Saludos;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a nice straight forward interview AND you left with an oath appointment letter! Congratulations.

Congratulations for both your citizenship and a lucid explanation of your interview!

Hi everyone.I just wanted to share my experience with this forum with regard to my case.
Filed N-400 08-14-06
Received confirmation letter 09-07-06:)
Received interview letter 02-16-07:)
Interview date 04-16-07:D
Oath date 05-22-07:D

My interview was scheduled for 04-16-07 @ 1 p.m.
The letter stated not arrive less than 30 minutes before interview.
I arrived @ 3010 N Stemmons Frwy @ 12:25p.m.,left everything tha was not needed or that was made out of metal,including my cellphone in the car.Proceded to the entrance,handed my interview letter to the IO.He stamped the letter,asked me to empty everything from my pockets,put it in a container sent it thru a metal detector,asked me to walk thru a metal detector,returned everything that I had removed.IO handed me back my interview letter and ask me to place in a slot in door number 2.I did what IO asked me to do and waited and waited and waited.I noticed that a lot of people bring what seemed to me their whole family,even when in the letter they ask you not to_Oh my people!I'm hispanic and most of them where too!
At around 2 p.m.,a nice afro-american lady my interviewing IO, called my name,my interview at last!IO asked me into her office,introduced herself and ask me to raise my right hand and ask me to promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help me god,and I responded,yes I do.She ask me if everything in the application was correct.I responded that I had made a couple of mistakes,one with the travel dates outside the country and the other with the month on the birthdate of one of my sons.She was very polite and made the changes without any questions.She asked me for proof of Selective Service registration which a provided to her.She proceeded asked questions about belonging or being a member of clubs,organizations.I answer no to all the questions and she asked me if I was willing to bear arms and defend the constitution of the United States of America,to which I replied yes I do.History questions were as follows:
Who was the first president of the United States of America A.George Washington.
What country did we fight during the revolutionary war A.Great Britain
What was the name of the ship that brought the pilgrims to America A.Th Mayflower.
The IO handed me a piece of paper and asked me to write the following sentence.I want to become a United States citizen,at this time my anxiety had set in and I wrote,I want to became a US citizen.Like I said the IO lady was very sweet and polite and she laughed and said to me smiling and reading my grammatical mistake.She said,not became and not US.Listen again.I want to become a United States citizen.I started laughing realizing my mistake and wrote the sentence correctly this time.She asked if I had my passport photos with me to which I reply yes and handed the photos to her.
She complemented on how good I look for my age(45) and also at the same time asked me,you have seven children and the oldest one is 29! !I explained to her that I was a father at 16@17@18 and that I had 2 kids out of wedlock when I was between marriages(married twice)and 2 stepsons.I also mentioned to the IO lady that my two oldest sons served in the military.My oldest in the navy and my third son in the marines.To this she replied ,you should be very proud of your sons!To that I replied,I am proud,very proud.After this she said to me congratulations I'm going to recomend that your application be aproved.She handed me a document with the date of the naturalization ceremony and other information.We shook hands,I thanked her for being so kind and polite,to which she replied,it was my pleasure,you should have done this a long time ago!
The naturalization ceremony will be @ The Plano Civic Center May 22 @9 am.
Thank's to everybody that has contributed to this forum,reading some of the posts helped me a great deal!See you at the ceremony...bye.

Don't forget to post this to the "Timeline in Dallas" thread.

This is interesting. About 6 months ago, Dallas seemed faster. However your timeline is just about exactly the same as my wife's (PD was 9/15/2005, interview 5/5/2006, oath 6/1/2006). Whatever speed they picked up trying to remove their backlog seems to have evaporated.

Oh well