My Interview Experience at Baltimore

Shanta Wadi

Registered Users (C)
Yesterday I got my passport stamp from local Baltimore INS office after a Interview.

My case details : VSC/PD-Jul 1997/RD&ND-Jan 1999/FP-May 1999/EB2/India.

Case Transferred to Baltimore on May 18, 2000.
Received Interview schedule notice date on June 20, 2000 from Local INS.
Interview was scheduled on July 11, 2000.

Yesterday interview was taken for me and my wife. The officer was very nice. Our interview was scheduled for 2.45 PM. We were called for interview at 3.00 PM. We took oath and signed forms because we didn\'t take attorney.

He asked for passports, EAD cards and Driver license. He checked our name, address, birth date and place with actual I485 forms. He asked some yes/no questions regarding crime/deportation/mis-representations of fact etc.

Then he asked for tax returns, W2 and current employment letter from my company. He looked at all the documents. Then he asked my current salary. I mentioned to him my current salary which is $6000 more than my I-140. He did not commented. Then he asked my current duty/responsibility.

That’s it.

We signed and given fingerprint on I551 form. He then told us to wait for 15/20 minutes to get visa numbers from state department. After half an hour, he returned our passports with stamp. He apologized for coming late.

The stamp contains A#, written processed I551, temporary resident for one year, valid for travel and employment. He told us that plastic card will be sent in 3-6 months.

Good luck for all going for Interview to Baltimore. I think it is just formality and ultimately everybody will be approved.

No Title

Hi,

I would like to find out if you also took some photos! It does not ask in the form. But I just wanted to find out.
Thanks,
Jayval