My Interview Checklist

Jewel12

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I'm gonna post one of those "interview checklist - please advise!" boring threads :) Our interview is on Wednesday. Hubby is very calm and confident, and I'm just starting to get nevous... :)

Here's what we have (all items listed are originals and copies):

Bio stuff:

My passport with I-94;
My driver's license;
Hubby's driver's license;
SS cards (both of us);
My birth certificate w/translation;
Hubby's birth certificate;
Marriage certificate;
Hubby's divorce certificate

Proof of bona fide relationship:

Current lease and old lease with both names;
AT&T phone bills with both names for 12 months
Account statements with both names for 12 months (checking and savings);
Credit card where Hubby is an authorized user + credit card statements;
Old dental insurance with both names;
Renters insurance with both names;
My life insurance where Hubby is the sole beneficiary;
Car titles for 2 cars with both names;
Car registration cards for 2 cars with both names;
Car insurance - it's not joint, but we are listed as drivers on each other's policies, and our insurance cards show the same address;
About 50 pictures of us together;
Emails from my mother-in-law and brother-in-law where they talk about us both;
Some old emails from before we got married and were friends (I had to choose the least corny :) );
Some junk mail addressed to both of us (I especially like letters from the animal hospital where they're thanking us both for choosing them to treat out little budgie bird :) ).

Tax stuff:

Hubby's 2005 tax return;
My 2005 IRS form for exempt individuals (8843);
Hubby's employer letter and 2 months of pay stubs;
My paystubs (no letter);
Joint sponsor's 2005 tax return;
Joint sponsor's employer letters (no pay stubs);
Copy of joint sponsor's U.S. passport

Miscellaneous:

My SEVIS I-20 form;
Letter from my DSO stating that I have always been a good student in good standing;
My transcript with all A's :)

We also have new dental insurance and Hubby has a life insurance policy where I'm the beneficiary, but since he just got them about a month ago, we still haven't received them in the mail, and I doubt it that we will before the interview.

Well, I may be missing something, cause I tend to be absent-minded at times :) Any comments will be appreciated.

Happy New Year! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All set

u are all set. u have more than enough document. i wish u the best and makesure u come back and shear ur success story with some of us waiting for our interview as well.

Good luck

Nice and organized - good job! Best of luck and report back on your experience, particularly on whether you get a passport stamp.

u all set girl,u should be in and out of that office in a minute with ur permanent residence stamp in ur passport.u got enough evidence.good luck

Once u r there, make sure they have ur Biometrics done for the EAD.

They messed up mine, and thats y i still haven't got the EAD. Make sure this is not the case with u.

Also, do take pictures, in which other ppl (relatives, friends, etc) r with you. (not just the two of u together)

Best wishes :)

PS: Also next time, dont discuss ur case with specifics (like Appointment, time on particluar day). Not a good idea. If something is wrong or deficient, ur potential interviewer or any officer can take notice. Just a thought, lady !

Jewel, you are so organized. I may even use your list as a check list for myself. ;)
But I don't think I will have as much as you have on my list.
Good luck on your interview

koiadmi said:
Once u r there, make sure they have ur Biometrics done for the EAD.

They messed up mine, and thats y i still haven't got the EAD. Make sure this is not the case with u.

Also, do take pictures, in which other ppl (relatives, friends, etc) r with you. (not just the two of u together)

Best wishes :)

PS: Also next time, dont discuss ur case with specifics (like Appointment, time on particluar day). Not a good idea. If something is wrong or deficient, ur potential interviewer or any officer can take notice. Just a thought, lady !
Well, if IO's bother reading these message boards, then we should be fine and dandy, cause apparently, there's nothing wrong.

I will ask about my EAD biometrics, but I thought my EAD would take long anyways, because I've just been fingerprinted 2 weeks ago, and I also had an RFE, which means my 90 days started over when they received my reponse.

Thank you all for your comments! :)

Future congratulations...

Jewel,

Congrats in advance of your interview. From reading your post, I believe you have all the necessary evidence to demonstrate your marital relationship. :eek:

You must be very lucky, because since it was scheduled for Jan 3rd, 07... you don't have to deal with rescheduling unlike the Jan 2nd folks... So, enjoy your opportunity.... :p

I believe that you will be approved as your marital relationship meet the "sarpizzian standard of a bona fide marriage". :D This is important to USCIS that your marriage meet this standard.... :eek:

Al Southner said:
I believe that you will be approved as your marital relationship meet the "sarpizzian standard of a bona fide marriage". :D This is important to USCIS that your marriage meet this standard.... :eek:

I thought that "personal posts" were forbidden on any forum, but whatever.
Anyways, as I see that the new year hasn't brought a little wisdom, i wish Jewel a good interview. Definitely USCIS and common sense standards are met IMO.

Al Southner said:
I believe that you will be approved as your marital relationship meet the "sarpizzian standard of a bona fide marriage". :D

Don't drag that crap in here. Notice the other thread was removed? Kiss and make up, people come here for advice, not for drama.

Sar

sarrebal said:
I thought that "personal posts" were forbidden on any forum, but whatever.
Anyways, as I see that the new year hasn't brought a little wisdom, i wish Jewel a good interview. Definitely USCIS and common sense standards are met IMO.

Sar,

I couldn't resist using it for the last time.... :D After all, I coined it for fun... :eek: I hold no grudges at all.... ;)

Happy New Year to you....

Have a laugh...

Heretic said:
Don't drag that crap in here. Notice the other thread was removed? Kiss and make up, people come here for advice, not for drama.

Heretic,

Have a sense of humor.... :p Kiss and make up.... :eek: I couldn't resist using it for the last time.... :D

Happy New Year to you.... :p

Good luck

Jewel12 - looks like you're all set and thanks for creating this comprehensive list.

All the best!

Thank you all!

I just realized that I forgot to take hubby's W2's, so I'm taking W2's for three years and tax transcripts for three years as well. Better safe than sorry - we got an RFE for that.

hi jewel12

hi jewel12,

how did it go? i hope u have ur passport stamped. shear ur experience with us.

Hi all! :)

Just a quick note - it went great, no passport stamp, and I'll post the whole experience as soon as I'm done with some chores here at home :)

Thank you all for your support!!! :)