My interview at atlanta this morning

linuxgeek

Registered Users (C)
ey everyone.I had an interview at the atlanta INS this morning.

Anyway, i will start by saying that i previously applied for naturalization early last year but i had to withdraw my application and reapply.
My interview was at 10.45am this morning. I got there about 8.30am. The room was half full. I was called about 45minutes later,my interviewer happened to be the supervisor.i was a little nervous because few minutes earlier he was yelling at some chinese guy for not bringing to his interview a certified courth desposition of a traffic ticket he got in NY 10yrs ago!! strange but true guys!!!
Well when he called me,i composed my self.He swore me in.He maticulously went over my file , paper by paper.Then we went over my application,when we got to "have you ever been cited by any law officer"I said yes. Traffic ticket, i had about 3 of them.
He asked for the certified copy of the case.I did not have it.
He pretty much advised me to go get them and come right back immediately if i want to get my citizenship anytime soon.
(Atlanta city courth, is just 2 blocks away)
I did like he said and came back 40minutes later. He told that i passed.I will be notified via the mail for the swearing in ceremony.

NO passport, selective service or tax questions.I had the documentations though.he just verbally asked me about my travels.

Here is my timeline.

Filing date Oct 17th 2002
Priority date : Oct 17th 2002

Fingerprint date :Nov 27th 2002

Interview notice received Jan 6th 2003

Interview date March 19th 2003.

linuxgeek
congratulation for your interview,
its weird ,i had my interview 3 weeks ago , and when we crossed the question about traffic violation ,my interviewer didn't seem to be concern about them ,she even said that "the new version of n 400 doesn't specify that you have to mention them " .i myself have 5 traffic violation ,and no word from my interviewer as to bring any court document ,or anything else .
somebody once in this forum said that at interview everything goes with the humeur of the officer who conduct the interview ......i must confess ,that true ,mine was polite ,smiling and very chating ,i think i was lucky!!!!!

Got oath letter in ninedays

Hey folks,I got my oath cerremony letter on 3-25-03, that's about nine days after my interview.The oath is scheduled for april 21st.
Just want to let ya'll know.

Finally, a U.s citizen

hi everyone,
I took the oath of citizenship today (4-21-03). Got to the ins office at 8am ,left about 11am.
One thing that many people there wont forget was when the district director told us to be happy and rejoice because the very next room to our naturalization hall is the deportation office.

He told us that if we go in there now, we would see a lot of people with teary eyes, some in handcuffs already ,some pleading their case.

He said that he did not want to scare anybody, but he just wanted us to see how lucky and priviledged we are.

Anyway, we were encouraged to apply for a U.S passport,Unlike before, they said that we could make copies of naturalization certificate if we wanted because you have to send the original to get a u.s passport.
goodluck everybody, bye.