• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My Intervew experience

Siamak

Registered Users (C)
Hi
I was a winner of DV2007 from Iran and my case number was 2007AS000088XX. I and my wife passed the visa interview in Aug 20th and fortunately we received our visas without FBI Check. (Married who doesn’t work for government may not require FBI check). Now I‘d like to share my experience of interview may it can help you in your coming interview.
My interview had been scheduled in Abu Dhabi (U.A.E) as I requested in my application.
Medical Exams:
I and my wife took the medical exams in Aug 18th in Dubai and the result was ready in the same day afternoon. We paid 120 $ equivalent per person for the Blood test and X-ray. Since we already had our vaccine record we didn’t pay anything for vaccination.
• My wife was 6-month pregnant so she was not asked for Chest X-Ray and any vaccine.
• 3 photos (5 by 5cm) are required for Medical exams. The photos must be the same with the twos you will submit to U.S Embassy.
• One iv-medical form for each person. It’s usually accessible in the Embassy’s website

Visa Interview:

We left Dubai to Abu Dhabi early morning in Aug 20th and we were in U.S Embassy at 7:15 AM. The embassy’s door opened in 8:00 AM. We got a sequence number and waited till we were called. First clerk asked for:
• The Education degree. I said Bachelor of Science in Electronic engineering. He asked the original University Diploma as well as its translation. Fortunately he didn’t ask my High school Diploma because I had lost it some years ago and I didn’t have any evidence for that.
• Marriage certificate. (Only certified translation)
• Birth Certificates of me and my wife. (Only certified translations)
• Affidavit of Support (I-134 form, Sponsor’s return tax, Evidence of Citizenship, Bank account record and his evidence of employment)- Sponsor was necessary for all applicants and be aware that some other supports such as properties and money are not acceptable in some embassies.
• Fee. 755 $ equivalent per person

We waited for around one hour until we were recalled. Second clerk asked some more questions about:
• My relationship with the sponsor
• The city I ‘m going to live in U.S
• The date of entry to U.S
• My and my wife’s occupations in our country and whether they are governmental.
• My wife’s delivery date and the place we like him to be born
Then He said our case is approved and tomorrow afternoon we should refer to take our passports and GC Packages
• We swore that everything we have mentioned in the application forms is true then we signed that.
• The third clerk scanned our finger prints.
• She gave a stamped instruction for my baby as follow:
“A child born after the issuance of an immigrant visa will not need a visa to accompany the parent provided they both travel within the period of validity of the visa. A copy of the child's long-form birth certificate showing the name of the parent must be carried for presentation to a U.S. immigration official at the port of entry, together with a valid travel document for the child. “
Finally in Aug 21st I received our passports with 6 months immigration visa along with the GC Packages and SSN (Social security number) instruction on a piece of paper.

Wow!!!!! getting visa without FBI Check!!
Congratulations!
Thank you very much for sharing your experince with us!

I have a question about vaccination. Where did you do your vaccination in Iran? Do they give you a vaccine record in English or you have a translation of it?

congratulation Siamak. wish you a safe and happy journey and all the best in U.S.
please pray for the rest of us here.

by the way what is iv-medical form ?shall it be taken to the medical exam by us?
thanks

Vaccine

I have a question about vaccination. Where did you do your vaccination in Iran? Do they give you a vaccine record in English or you have a translation of it?

You can take your vaccines in Iran and get a certified english record from Pastor Institute of Iran. That's enogh but you'd better to call there first.
Meantime Your passport is needed when you go Pastor Institute.

by the way what is iv-medical form ?shall it be taken to the medical exam by us?
thanks

Hi
Hospital asked me the mentioned form. fortunately I had it, you can refer to Abu Dhabi U.S Embassy's web site and visit Medical Exams page. It's accessible there.

Hi
Hospital asked me the mentioned form. fortunately I had it, you can refer to Abu Dhabi U.S Embassy's web site and visit Medical Exams page. It's accessible there.

although Ankara (medical exam/embassy) do not need any medical forms. I think they have required forms in medical exam centers.

dear siamak:
congradtulation to all 3 of u.it was really a good news and every time i hear someone pass the interview without background check ,specially the last numbers,it make me a good sense and more hopefull...i have a similar case number as you have(but in dv 2008),and married like you.as i heard before the chance of interview in abu dhabi without background check for persian applicant is higher and now i see ,it seems to be true.i wanna ask you ,did you change your embassy from ankara to abudhabi by yourself or kcc make it for you.if you changed it,how is the procedure.they notify me in first package that my interview embassy is in ankara,can i change it and what should i do..?
thank you for your sharing your experince and good luck.

I wanna ask you ,did you change your embassy from ankara to abudhabi by yourself or kcc make it for you.if you changed it,how is the procedure.they notify me in first package that my interview embassy is in ankara,can i change it and what should i do..?
thank you for your sharing your experince and good luck.

Actually I had chosen the Abu Dhabi Embassy myself when I filled the first application in (The one KCC had sent in first package). Sorry, I don’t know how you can change your interview place.

Dear Siamak
hi
I am reza2008.
Could you please let me now in deatil how you obtain Vaccine recored from pastor institute.
If possible descible it like your interview posts.

Best ,
Reza

Vaccine record

reza1974 said:
Dear Siamak
hi
I am reza2008.
Could you please let me now in deatil how you obtain Vaccine recored from pastor institute.
If possible descible it like your interview posts.

Best ,
Reza
Dear Reza,
If you are young (Under 40), you only need to take MMR (Two times), Hepatite-B(Tree times) , TD (Tree times) in the specified intervals.

For MMR and Hepatite vaccines you should have a certified letter from a clinic shows you have already taken those, otherwise you have to take them as soon as possible. regarding to TD there is no need any evidence. you can state you've taken it two times before and for the third time you can take it in Pastor Institute in the same day.

Please don't worry if you don't have time to complete your vaccine intervals, do it as much as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do they ask to fill DS-230 (I and II) again in Embassy when you go for the interview and to bring again pictures, or only doc. stated in 1st package.
If they ask for DS-230 (I and II) again, can you fill it at home on computer, print it and bring with other doc., or you have to fill it at Embassy.

Thx, might this question was answered before but unfotunatelly I was not able to find answer throw other posts .

i-134

Hi,
Someone asked me about i-134 form and the other evdences needed for support. It could be your answer too.
You can download i-134 form in PDF format in the following link:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

Form I134 to be filled by a US Citizen ( USC ) or a Legal Permanent Resident ( LPR = GC holder )

Supporting Evidence:
The sponsor must submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources, as appropriate:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institutions where sponsor has deposits, identifying the following details regarding his account:

1. Date account opened;
2. Total amount deposited for the past year;
3. Present balance.

B. Statement of sponsor employer on business stationery, revealing:
1. Date and nature of employment;
2. Salary paid;
3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:
1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or
2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of bonds and name of record owner(s).

As well as a proof of citizenship or residence status of sponsor just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Siamak
Thank you for your explanation about I-134 form but I have question:
A US Citizen ( USC ) or a Legal Permanent Resident ( LPR = GC holder ) should fill this form in US and send us to Iran?