My Info Pass exp...

kayal75

Registered Users (C)
All

Today I went to dallas Info pass. IO was very nice and she said mine is pending on Name Check. I applied my 485 on march 2005. My Priortity date is Nov 2001. She said it will be processed once my name check is cleared.

My question for all gurus is.

Can I file WOM even if my name check is pending ? Or Should I wait. Please answer.

Try other avenues first to consolidate paper work that you tried other means. Like letters to politicians, directors etc. I've seen people here who collected a lot including info pass appointment records. Good luck...

What did you mean "Can I file WOM even if my name check is pending"? Name check pending is pretty much the only reason for people to file WOM. If you NC was cleared, you wouldn't need to file any WOM, would you?

Back to the topic, filing WOM isn't as easy as you thought. Before you do that, you have to show the court that you've exhausted every possible avenues to resolve the problem yourself. These include writing to congressman/senator, making Infopasses, contacting FBI, etc., etc. It will take at least 4 months or so to simply get these things done before you can even file a WOM...

Given the fact that you've been stuck in NC for 2.5 years, you should probably seriously consider this WOM option. However, please bear in mind that, since December last year, it's becoming more and more difficult to use WOM to force USCIS to expedite one's name check. If you do file a WOM, be prepared to actually go to court.

Last edited by a moderator:
Madison04,

Can you please input your thoughts about WOM for my wife's case,

Mine got approved 3 years back, her case is waiting since March 2003. I am trying all possibilites so for no luck,

Here is the list of things I made,

1. Had 4 FPs
2. 6 SR responses
3. 2 Infopass appointmets ( having appointment notice)
4. Letter to obsduman and response also - no use
5. Letter to 2 senators ( got std response from one senator)
6. Letter to congressman ( yet to get response)
7. Sent 2 E-MAILS to FBI ( one in 2005 and another in 2007) - no response for both
8. Letter to first lady ( I have only certified mail receipt) - no response so far

Only response I got from SR and IO pass - her name check cleared ( I do not know when)

Your thought about WOM. I asked Rajiv Kanna ( they charge arount $15000 approx). Can I do it my self.

My case is very simple stright forward.

Thanks

Letters fomats

Could you please share me the format of letters that you sent to congressman/senator/FBI. I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Madison04,

Mine got approved 3 years back, her case is waiting since March 2003. I am trying all possibilites so for no luck,

1. Had 4 FPs
2. 6 SR responses
7. Sent 2 E-MAILS to FBI ( one in 2005 and another in 2007) - no response for both
8. Letter to first lady ( I have only certified mail receipt) - no response so far

Only response I got from SR and IO pass - her name check cleared ( I do not know when)

Your thought about WOM. I asked Rajiv Kanna ( they charge arount $15000 approx). Can I do it my self.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for your information. Yes I should indeed contact all the resources.
Buddy, could you please share the letter templates that you sent for congressman/senator/FBI if you have.

Thanks

What did you mean "Can I file WOM even if my name check is pending"? Name check pending is pretty much the only reason for people to file WOM. If you NC was cleared, you wouldn't need to file any WOM, would you?

Back to the topic, filing WOM isn't as easy as you thought. Before you do that, you have to show the court that you've exhausted every possible avenues to resolve the problem yourself. These include writing to congressman/senator, making Infopasses, contacting FBI, etc., etc. It will take at least 4 months or so to simply get these things done before you can even file a WOM...

Given the fact that you've been stuck in NC for 2.5 years, you should probably seriously consider this WOM option. However, please bear in mind that, since December last year, it's becoming more and more difficult to use WOM to force USCIS to expedite one's name check. If you do file a WOM, be prepared to actually go to court.

Hi,
I was wondering how to make an infopass appointment and also what documents does one have to carry for the purpose of asking if NC is cleared.
Thanks for your help

For EB3 from India, the current cut-off date is 04/22/01 and your wife's is 03/2003. So, there is simply no visa number available for your wife, in which case lawsuit is useless. The annual visa cap is determined by Congress. The court or USCIS can't do anything about it.

Other than that, I don't see why you can't file a WOM pro se. Since her NC was already cleared, I see no reason why USCIS wants to fight you in the court.

Madison04,

1. Had 4 FPs
2. 6 SR responses

Thanks

Infopass here: http://infopass.uscis.gov/index.php

Bring your ID and all the USCIS receipts with you as well as the Infopass appointment letter. It's a very simple process and you probably don't need anything other than your ID and 485 receipt.

Hi,
I was wondering how to make an infopass appointment and also what documents does one have to carry for the purpose of asking if NC is cleared.
Thanks for your help

Mine is EB2

Hi Madison

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.
Mine is Eb2 which is current for my PD.

I did not send any email/fax or other forms of information to congressma,senator or first lady.
Should I do these steps before filing lawsuit.

Thanks

For EB3 from India, the current cut-off date is
04/22/01 and your wife's is 03/2003. So, there is simply no visa number available for your wife, in which case lawsuit is useless. The annual visa cap is determined by Congress. The court or USCIS can't do anything about it.

Other than that, I don't see why you can't file a WOM pro se. Since her NC was already cleared, I see no reason why USCIS wants to fight you in the court.

Yes, you need to do those. Not all of them (e.g. the first lady letter). But at least most of them. Because in a WOM case, you need to demonstrate to the judge that you've exhausted every other possible avenues to resolve the issue outside the court. That's the basis for a WOM complaint.

Thanks Madison04,
For my infopass appointment, what do I mark as a reason. When it says continue and it reaches a page where they ask for 4 points. I want for NC /Bc clearance information.
Thanks

Doesn't matter. They don't really care. Select "want to check case status" or "want to talk to an immigration officer". Something like that.