My I485 is now approved

pswami

Registered Users (C)
What a pleasant surprise.

I opened my email today and see the email:

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

It was a long journey and I had to raise several service requests. Thanks for all the help on the forum. When I prepared my EB1 EA and this forum helped a lot. I did not have much information when I started but learnt along the way.

Another great resource I found was http://immigrationvoice.org and I took part in their activities even before I started this application and despite being EB1 and current. I can understand what each one of us goes through while waiting and I think we should all help folks in EB2 and EB3. During my I485 journey I found details on all the bumps we face and how to overcome on ImmigrationVoice IV site.

Here are something I learnt while applying for I140:

I have found that you need to highlight your best points. There is no point making a bulky application if the not so best points in the bulky application dilute your case

Spend time on your cover summary. That is the most important part. Do not make it lengthy. Make it very concise but very strong. Be honest. Do not try to overstate what you are or understate.

I believe in honest recommendation letters. Thus I had asked people to write exactly what they think about my qualifications. I did not even try for a lot of letters. But tried to get the best in my field that matter.

Lastly thank you everyone on this forum for your help.
I will try to continue to come on this website and help others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats PSWAMI,
can u please post details about ur category and I-140 RD, AD , 485 RD, AD, Center etc. Thanks

I agree with what you said about preparing an approvable petition. Still am not sure about cover letter. I have 140 approved in both EB!-EA and NIW category. For EB1 I wrote nice cover letter detailing everything in the package for NIW I didnt write any cover letter , just piled everything together separated in different sections and sent. Seems like IO do go through the evidence to find out.

Have a nice day and enjoy ur freedom

Texas: You just mailed in the evidence for NIW? no cover letter proving three prongs?

Swami: Can you please post your dates. What kind of position do you hold?

Congratulations!!!
I am still waiting, although I see folks with dates similar to mine are being approved on trackit. Yep, your details would help us :)

Thanks,

After tracking a lot, I had stopped believing in dates. I see several people who applied AOS after me getting approved and several people before me in Eb1 still waiting. Some of my friends in EB1 got approved in AOS in 60 days.
So tracking is useless.

however just look at processing dates. As soon you are over 30 days, just keep raising service requests

I have the welcome notice and greencard

and had also got the approval notice sent email.

But I do not have the approval notice yet. Do I need to worry? Any advice?

What is the use of approval notice for future?

I got the Approval Notice just a few days before the green card itself.

The AN helps if you lose the GC, but you are in the USCIS database anyway, so it is not essential to have the AN.

Aloha,
Chris

wondering about LUD's

hi pswami,

i haven't done any follow up on the status of my I-140 NIW application because i filed my application and received the notice on jan. 16, 2008 which is still within the the current processing date (NSC - Aug. 3, 2007) . At this point, i have never received any LUD's ( or RFE). Do you advise if i should make a service request now? please let me know your thoughts on this.

thanks and by the way, BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU!!! (how did you celebrate it?)

cheers,

mizzour tiger

Thanks,

After tracking a lot, I had stopped believing in dates. I see several people who applied AOS after me getting approved and several people before me in Eb1 still waiting. Some of my friends in EB1 got approved in AOS in 60 days.
So tracking is useless.

however just look at processing dates. As soon you are over 30 days, just keep raising service requests