my i-765

tschernobyl

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone, I found this forum by trying to find information about my applications. I moved to the US on an approved K1 Visa in July and I was married to my husband in August. We then filed the i-485 not knowing you could file for the EAD i-765 at the same time.
So because our application was missing some tax transcripts required for the Affidavit of Support that goes along with the i-865, we only recently filed the i-765. I received a Notice of Action for my EAD request two weeks ago and also received a letter with an appointment for taking my biometrics.

My question is how long does this usually take? How soon after having my biometrics taken can I expect to get the EAD?

I'm only 24 and being without work for so long is really hard on me. Since I can't contribute to our income, we could really use some extra money too.

Thanks for taking your time to read this and perhaps responding.

Ead

It will generally take about 45-90 days for USCIS to issue you an EAD. So, please make sure you make it to all biometrics and interviews, biometrics is necessary for them to process your EAD. However, if you are fortunate, you could get your EAD in 45 days and start working.

Good luck...

Here's the thing, I've already had them taken for a previous submitted i-485 application. The appointment for biometrics was over two weeks ago. I'm just wondering if it's normal to have two different appointments?

Just go

My advise, attend each and every appt and interview which you are asked by USCIS. Don't question whatever they ask you, unless it is immoral or wrong. If you did it for I-485, then you have to do it for I-765.

Congratulations and wish you a speedy resolution on your process...

I-485 and I-765 have different biometrics appointments to be attended.
Since most of the people file concurrently the 485 and 765, then in most cases you get one appointment for both biometrics, which is code 3.

But since you filed separately it definitely makes sense that you got 2 different appointment.
Don't miss it.

No, I really don't plan on missing it. This is all so frustrating.. we had a great relationship and getting married at this early age was not exactly what we both had in mind.
But it was so hard being apart all the time, so we decided to take the step. Since I spend most of my time alone, having hardly anyone to talk to who isn't also a friend of my husband makes me feel so worthless at times.

I'm really grateful for having found a place like this, where I can read the stories of other people who go through the same thing.

I am a little confused. I have applied I-485 and I-765 seperately (recently). I have already done Code 3 biometrics & I-485 interview (Namecheck pending). Do you still have to do biometrics for EAD again?

what they mean by filing separately is filing your I-485 now and filing your I-765 in a week or so. but in general, it is two separate applications. a lot of people just submit both applications together/at the same time. now what tschernobyl did is that she filed her I-485. and then later on, found out that she didn't have to wait for the I-485 to get approved before filing for the I-765 so she filed that. since it two separate submissions, she gets 2 biometrics appointment. did you submit both appilcations at the same time? if yes, then that's why you only got 1 biometrics appointment.

hope that clarifies it!

I guess i was not clear. I filed for I-485 last year did Code 3 FP and had my AOS interview in April this year. However, I am currently stuck in the namecheck and awaiting my petition to be approved.

After waiting for 6 months, finally I applied for EAD last week. My question is do I have to go fingerprinting and interview, if any for EAD or biometrics for

Hi guys, I need a little more help here. I received this email today. I am a little confused as to what it means.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 1, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

tschernobyl said:
Hi guys, I need a little more help here. I received this email today. I am a little confused as to what it means.

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 1, 2006, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. Follow the the link below for current processing dates.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please contact the National Customer Service Center.

It means that after receiving your additional evidence they're satisfied.
You're in the queue to get your interview notice, usually within 30 days.

sarrebal said:
It means that after receiving your additional evidence they're satisfied.
You're in the queue to get your interview notice, usually within 30 days.
OH SWEET! Thanks for clearing that up :eek:

tschernobyl said:
OH SWEET! Thanks for clearing that up :eek:

Wait, you came on a K-1.
Then your AOS could be approved even without an interview.
Should your case be transferred to the CSC, then you can start putting the champagne in the refrigerator.

sarrebal said:
Wait, you came on a K-1.
Then your AOS could be approved even without an interview.
Should your case be transferred to the CSC, then you can start putting the champagne in the refrigerator.
I had several emails with the same notice in my inbox this morning including CSSO, USCIS and CRIS

I just got off a call with the hotline, the service representative hung up on me! He interrupted my question giving me a wrong answer and I kept saying hold on you don't understand my question and he says "ma'am if you keep on speaking over me I have to hang up on you." After he said that he didn't listen to me anymore just repeated himself another time and proceeded to hang up. I called him a name and feel dumb about it now. But jeez, I spent an hour in queue, to speak to someone with limited understanding of the English language. We paid so much money to make this work and this guy just hangs up.

Sorry, I just had to let someone know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry, I have another question and i don't want to start a new thread for every question that I have.
Would it be a good idea to apply for a SSN while my i-765 is still pending? Does it make a difference, or should I wait until it has been approved?
I came here on K1 Visa and i-485 is currently pending.
I'm really grateful for this palce and you guys.