My I-730 was denied

PaU^_^PaU

Registered Users (C)
Hi, how's everyone?

I'm new to this forum. I'm writing too seek some helps and suggestions. My writing will be a little bit long and complicated. I would be appreciate if anyone can help me. I'm so desperate right now.

I'm an asylee. I applied for asylum application on April 2001. After having fingerprinted, I was schedule an interview with asylum officer on 12th June 2001. At the end of interview, the asylum officer told me to come back 2 weeks later to get the decision letter about my case. (It would be on June 26)

On 19th June 2001, my fiance came from my native country with a visa to get marry with me in US. So, we did it on 20th June 2001 at city hall. 2 weeks later, he went back to my native country.

On 26th June 2001, I came back to INS office to get the decision letter. It was a good news for me because my asylum application was approved. It was said in the decision letter that I was granted asylum on 12th June 2001 which means I was granted right away after having interview but they didn't let me know until 2 weeks later.

On somewhen in Sept 2001 I filed an I-730. On Jan 2002, came the result of my petition and it was denied. The reason why was because we were married after I was granted.

So, since that time, I have long distant relationship with my husband. That's why, we don't want to have baby until we find out how to live together.

A lawyer told me to wait until my Greencard is issued. I did just file I-485 last month. I also just found out that asylee's I-485s that have been receive in year 2002 will be processed in 2012. it means I have to keep having long distant relationship with my husband for more than 10 years.

The other options that I don't want to choose are going back to my native country (which mean I'll lost my asylum status) or getting a divorce. No, I don't want it. I love him too much to get a divorce.

Someone also suggested me to seek help from congressman. My question here is if there is any other way to get him here to stay?
I really appreciate any comments from you. Thank you so much and please wish me luck.

Read my name carefully

I can not believe what these retards did to you. I would assume that they aproved your case a day or two before you were married. If i follow your time line correctly, the decision must have been made shortly after your interview). So when you want them to be fast, it does not help. I think that you should argue that your approval should officially commense the day they told you so not the day they made it. I would strongly suggest that you talk to your senator. Make sure he is a not a republican pig with a bad anti-immigrant record because he may make it harder for you. I am sick and tired of this whole process. I applied for asylum in 91. I waited for 9 years until they granted me an interview. I then was approved but now i have to wait until 2009 to get my damn green card. this means that the whole damn process would be taking me 19 years!!!! you make my heart ache for you and me. Best wishes.

Your wait is 16 years

Unfortunately the INS decision looks legally correct. You also need to understand that even after you receive your green card, it takes 6 years for your husband to receive a visa. So the wait is more than 16 years.

Why did you husband go back after the marriage? That seems to be a mistake on your part and deprived you of all options.

Re: Why did my husband go back after marriage?

I understand your point. I was trying to say that people married to asylees have been quite successful with their own asylum applications. So your husband could have applied for asylum on his own while he was here and noted his relationship to you. One of the few things you can do now is for him to come here again on a visa.

Originally posted by PaU^_^PaU
Well, he came here with visa, so he couldn't stay here.

Your green card process cannot be expedited because by law only 10,000 persons can get green cards on the basis of asylum each year. The waitlist is now already over 100,000. You can do the simple math.

Congress has expressed little interest in addressing this unfair matter.

You can apply for green card under a different provision of the law, like employment, for which there is no waiting at the present. If your application is approved, you and your husband can immigrate at the same time.

Other than that your option is to have him come again on a temporary visa and apply for asylum.

Originally posted by PaU^_^PaU
Or, is there any way to expedite my Green Card process?
Thx.

If you are in D.C. area you can come every Wednesday for a free legal consultation to the
Office of Refugee Resettlement
80 N. Glebe Rd.,
Arlington VA 22203
(703) 243-5872

However, your case really looks like a tough one.

Thank you for your responses.

I will consider about apply for GC under emplyment. I'm still working on my master degree right now and plan to graduate next year. After that, I'll look for a real job. Why did I say a real job? I've been working as a preschool teacher in a small child care. So, it's impossible to ask them to sponsor me.
Gilbert, it's really a good idea. Thx.

For Immigration in US, thx for your information. Well, I wish I lived in DC area. I live in southern CA.

I empathize with the pain caused by your separation. It is not an uncommon situation, unfortunately. I hope that somehow things will work out for you.