my I-485 update interpretation??

eye140485

Registered Users (C)
I got this status update for my I-485 (below). What does it mean?
(I didn't get FP notice till now, i.e., I haven't done my FP at all)

"On June 20, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

Thanks.

Not an approval notice

I hate to tell you this - it's not an approval notice. It's probably FP request. But look at the bright side! You are almost there - they are working on your case despite the backlog situation... :cool:

FP notice will be cool...

I'll be happy even if it's FP notice... something(positive) is better than nothing.

Thanks for the response.

I've got this updated message a week after I did FP on June 1st.
"On June 9, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued"

I called 1-800 twice and they said my case was approved. on June 9th, 2005. But my LUD has not changed since then. They told me if in 30 days I don't receive any letter I should call them back.

Is my case really approved?

I140- 8/12/03 AD 5/6/05
FP(1) 01/30/04
FP(2) 06/01/05
I485 11/22/04 AD????

Congrats .. you have been approved

cookito,

You are now a GC holder. Just wait for the notice and then get your PP stamped. Enjoy the freedom.

regards,

saras

I am sorry, but I dont think it is approved. My online message used to be like this and every time I call the 800 they would tell me it is approved and request a non delivery:!

Anything is possible .. I was just being optimistic

too_long,

I would not be surprised if the case is indeed not approved but I was being optimistic. Anything is possible at this incompetent agency. Lets hope it has been approved.

regards,

saras

Cookito,
Not to give you too much hope, that online status does not mean "approval". I had my status just like that after 2nd FP, and I was soo excited. It turned out it was RFE for Police Clearance letter.

It's probably RFE, we don't know for what
HEY! Don't be sad! Look at the bright side! :D They are working on your case. Your real approval is just around the corner.

Be optimistic - step by step, you will get there! ;)