My I-485 interview this morning at Garden City, NY

Ladyoflovers

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

Unfortunately it did not go very well. We ran into the nastiest and rudest interviewer lady out there and she didn't stamp my passport. I am so frustrated and dissappointed that I just want to file a complaint about her.

Me and my hubby (American citizen) have been living together for over 5 years and we got married last November, 2006. Our relationship and marriage are both legitimate and we have all the proof to support it. My husband may also be considered as "wealthy" relative to the American standards, therefore no question there whether he can support me or not.

Instead of her focusing on the real things, she asked so silly questions to my husband: What was my phone number back in my country 5.5 years ago? Certainly he doesn't remember, but neither do I. Another question, who are my business contacts or clients? My husband is not supposed to know the details on my clients neither I know the names of his tenants (he is in Real Estate). And when he couldn't respond, she was like, what kind of a husband are you???? I wanted to punch her in her face!

She just took my I-94 and and wrote there that I was interviewed by her on this date. She said that we would get a decision by mail within 90 days.

I am so upset right now. I was so hoping to get stamped and to receive my GC as we certainly had all the requirements they would look for.

Can I really request another interview? She might have some issues today. Oh, did I tell you that she wasn't even able to speak English!!! I wonder how she got her GC!

Thanks for listening.

oops

sorry to hear. hopefully u shud get an approval within 7 days. maybe she is not a supervisor and could not approve right there. Dunno what else to say cos you haven't added any real details about the interview. anyhow, good luck..sorry your first post here had to be a sad 1. Did you take your furry cat to the interview or something? jk.

Remember it's the USCIS u are dealing with, they can make or break your life with a single card....no questions asked. Be patient. These days lot of places do not stamp the I551 on passports, don't take it negatively. Also, you don't "get your GC" right there :)....wait for 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, kkboy. I hope you will be right. My friend has been interviewed at the same place about 3 weeks ago and she was stamped and got her GC last week already. She was telling me how nice people out there were. Well, they are except the nasty lady we ran into.

You are also right about the cat, we should have brought ours! Her mushy pink belly would have melted all the tension in the room.

Sorry to hear your unpleasant experience.

I didn't get approved on site either, I was told to wait for mail for his final decision. And I got the decision 2 weeks later. So don't worry, maybe you will get it soon.

thanks, guys. yes, mine was a Chinese lady, too. Her room was on the first floor, behind the counters when you first hand in your appointment letter. ah, i hope i will get mine, soon, too!

ohhh

thanks, guys. yes, mine was a Chinese lady, too. Her room was on the first floor, behind the counters when you first hand in your appointment letter. ah, i hope i will get mine, soon, too!

maybe she didn't like the HUGE amount ur hubby put on his I864 to show his income....and got jealousssssssssssss !!!:p

Well, Ladyoflovers, from your post, it does not necessarily mean you were rejected by the IO. what did she write on your passport? If she wrote I-130 pending, that is not a good sign, if she wrote I-485 pending, maybe she could not approve your AOS application due to name check pending, do not give up, hang in there...

I'm sorry to hear that, but as long as you have a legitimate marriage, which you do, you will be approved. It just sucks that she had to act that way and she hurt your feelings for no apparent reason.

I was just looking at my passport to see what she wrote: She wrote my alien no and I485 pending/ CP6 (?) (can't read though, or epb? what does it mean anyway?) and "present at GC-XX(?)/ Euc d45 (???) and then underneath DAO i guess her name afterwards and today's date.

it should be you A#, I-485 pending CR6 and interview date and her name.

this is good sign, most likely your name check is not clear. CR6 mean Conditonal Resident

Thank you, besame. I hope the name check doesn't take long. What I am planning is to wait for two weeks and if nothing arrives in the mail, I'll travel to my home country with my advanced parole travel papers. My lawyer strongly recommended before that I shouldn't use the travel papers since I have been out of status for more than 180 days in his opinion, that I wouldn't be able to come back. But the truth is, I never became out of status, I always had a legitimate visa during my entire stay in USA, H1B and E2 which is still valid. He says, when I was working under H1B visa, i wasn't paid the amount I was supposed to be paid and that puts me out of status. But noone else knows that? Did I have to report my pay stubs to the Government? I didn't do that. How will the USCIS people see on their screens at the airport how much money I was paid 4-5 years ago?