My I-485 got approved

I don't think EB1 would be retrogressed heavily as it had been current for about 9-10 months before the june-july fiasco. So there should not have been a huge amount of submissions of I-485 from EB1 applicants. It is currently slightly retrogressed as unused EB1 visa numbers are given to EB2. But again, these are all assumptions and nobody can predict what's going to happen. I guess, gotta wait another month for the Oct VB.

It does not matter if EB1 submissions are less or more. Overall all EB submissions are a lot. So everything will move very slow even if your dates are current.

EAD usage before I-485

Hi guys, good to have a eb1 thread. Have any of you used EAD to change job while I-485 pending? I know on paper eb1-ea shouldn't have problem, but any actual experience? thanks !

Hi I was wondering about the Nebraska 485, approvals and the date as Sept6 what does it mean for people who have their 485 pending from Sept 2006. Will they continue to approve or wait till the new Sept bulletin is out.
Does it mean all 485 till Aug 2006 have been approved. Dont understand this much, anyone who can explain it better
EB1@Nsc
I 140 AD July 2007

RD Sep26 2006
AD?????

Hi,
How does one come to know about the name check, for 485. My 485 is pending since Spet26, 2006 and I will be using my AP to visit my home country. My H1B will expire as the funding on the project I work for ends. So I will not have a job.

My lawyer told me that its fine, as long as I have a valid AP as I am now on AOS and mine was a self petetion. There fore I was a bit impatient to know about the GC time line for 485 with PD as Sept 2006. In case by Gods grace it comes before my travel in Oct which is unlikely. Any views for this situation.
Thanks

EB1-EA approved

Friends

I am glad to inform that my EB1-EA (PD: 04/18/07, TSC) got approved.
I want to thank every one in this forum especially Madgu, Tipotodo, aart, eb11-NSC-rfe, chatterjee1, eb1a-query, EB1today, pradeep07, permfiling, ajasha, rama, eb1doc ……………..

My credentials are:
PhD- Biotechnology
16 articles in International journals
Conference proceedings: 18 (International: 7 and National: 11)
Total citations: 97
16 strong letters from US, UK, Japan, India
US patent (one)
Articles about my research in National and international news papers
Served as reviewer for six journal

Congratulations EB10182007. Good to see another approval from this forum. All the best for your 485 processing.
To all the others on this forum, I hope your approvals come thru ASAP.

Friends

I want to thank every one in this forum especially Madgu, Tipotodo, aart, eb11-NSC-rfe, chatterjee1, eb1a-query, EB1today, pradeep07, permfiling, ajasha, rama, eb1doc ……………..

My credentials are:
PhD- Biotechnology
US patent (one)

Hi EB1-OR,
Did Nebraska take 4 months to approve your 485. But then your 140 was very prompt. Just wondering what the time line for 485 approvals is after rfe.

Congrats to EB10182007 for the 140 approval. Good luck with 485

congrats EB10182006, good luck on the next part.
thanks for the good words chatterjee1
hope we (those who are still waiting) will be done with, in this year.
Rama

Hi EB1-OR,
Did Nebraska take 4 months to approve your 485. But then your 140 was very prompt. Just wondering what the time line for 485 approvals is after rfe.

Congrats to EB10182007 for the 140 approval. Good luck with 485

I guess the question was for me.
It is hard to say NSC took only 4 months to approve my 485. I applied in Sept06 there was no action on it till my 140 was approved. Once I got 140 approval they send me the RFE and I replied to RFE in last week of April. It was 4 months after 140 was approved but it was 10 months if you consider from the RD.
The decision on I140 was prompt cause it was under PP ($1000 makes the difference).

Congratulations

Friends

My credentials are:
PhD- Biotechnology
US patent (one)

Hi EB10182006
Congratulations. I first thought it was your 485 that got approved. Then realized it was your 140. Anyway you are through. Good luck with your 485. Are you going to request for interfiling your NIW based 485 with EB1-EA.

Interfiling

Thanks chatterjee1, sjsd, Rama, moden for your wishes.
Hi moden, after receiving RD for my NIW-I485, I am going to request for interfiling I485 with EB1-EA. However, the Oct. 07 VB predicted by several law firm says EB1 visa availability for India is going to be Jan. 07 (mine is Apr. 07, so I have to wait). Good luck with your I140 and I485.

Regards
EB10182006

Hi EB10182006
Congratulations. I first thought it was your 485 that got approved. Then realized it was your 140. Anyway you are through. Good luck with your 485. Are you going to request for interfiling your NIW based 485 with EB1-EA.

I guess the question was for me.
It is hard to say NSC took only 4 months to approve my 485. I applied in Sept06 there was no action on it till my 140 was approved. Once I got 140 approval they send me the RFE and I replied to RFE in last week of April. It was 4 months after 140 was approved but it was 10 months if you consider from the RD.
The decision on I140 was prompt cause it was under PP ($1000 makes the difference).

What was your RFE

I guess the question by pswami is for me, the RFE is for original birth certificates, instead of ones issued by the consulate of NY, and some other documents like the I 94 issued at the port of entry.

Wonder how long they take to decide 485 RFE. Yes I agree EB1-OR 4 months is a long time but its great they sent the RFE as soon as the I140 was approved.