my I-485 case status online message changed!

jiajia68

Registered Users (C)
My I-485 case RD is 07/12/02. the online status message is now changed to:

On May 12, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in HARTFORD, CT for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in HARTFORD, CT will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the NCSC at (800) 375-5283

Is there anybody in the same boat with me? How long it will take till I get the notice for interview? Thank you very much for your inputs.

JULY 2002 RD????????
Is Hartford volunteering to take cases from VSC (like Maryland was last year)?

my case's detail

RD : 07/08/02
ND : 07/12/02
FP : 08/14/02

Status: case has been transfered to local Hartford office. Is everybody's case has to be transfered to local office? Please share your thoughts.

No - not everyone's get transferred - Are you a NIW case? Most of those get transferred. Otherwise, the transferring is mostly random - sometimes it appears for no reason at all!

We are surprised cause they are processing Dec 2001 right now, and your case is July 2002!

Good luck - hopefully your interview will get done quickly and you'll be approved!

Anything unusual about your case?

Normally 485 cases are transferred to a local office for an interview when the officer feels that the case may be in need of additional clarification or also to reduce the workload of the main service center.

Hi jiajia68,
What is your EAC series?
It is surprising that they have touched an July 2002 case, I am sure that the transfer to Hartford will turn out a blessing for you.

Have you changed Job,Address etc , Is there anything exceptional in your case?

RD 07/12/2002
ND 07/13/2002
EB2

hi GCSeekerInd

If you r true that "to reduce the workload of the main service center" it is really good news as i think good days are near to many of us.
I see a big jump from dec2001 to july2002

Too early

No it is too early to come to that conclusion based on 1 case.
I think that there is some thing unusual about this case that warranted a transfer to the local office.

Well it is good for the guy!He won't complain about this !

Let's wait a few more days and see if there are more cases like this, especially from Hartford to see if we can get some sense of what's going on between Hartford and VSC.

Further info for my case

My case is EB2 case. I never change job, never change address and never got ref. so far. Please share your thoughts here. Thanks.

Not too weird ...

Couple of co-worker stories.

One of them was a July 2002 filer who was asked to go to Hartford (not yet scheduled).

Another was an Aug 2002 filer who already got stamped !!!

The second one, I talked to him and he told me that he called the IIO to confirm what was happening and was told that the handling officers are at times assigned random files ...

So u are not alone

Well jiajia68 the note from Hariyaali should give you confidence.You are not alone. Couple of other July/Aug cases also got transferred to Hartford.

Good luck !!

Same here

Hi jiajia68,

My case too was transfered to Hartford. I am also looking at resources to get a idea of interview dates. My case is all messed up. My I140 was revoked in error. I was on a verge of layoff and I switched jobs using AC21.

I thinks this would have prompted an interview.

souri